This is irritating (release)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is irritating (release)

I just got a Tru ball max pro4 in the mail today because I got a good deal online. And true to fashion - I research everything after the fact. I've seen some spotty reviews and some really good ones. Needless to say I am already regretting my purchase and haven't even tried it yet...now I am thinking I should have gone with a carter based on all the great reviews.

To add to the frustration, I know all the thought I am putting into this really matters as I have used a cheapo cabelas release for years with success and no complaints (just wanted something new to play with really).

I will try it tomorrow and decide, my main concern in one review was it would release on its own!

Sorry for the vent fellas; working nights and got a lot of seat time tonight...

Is this a back tension release?

Comment

thumb trigger

Comment

I see I dont have no experience with a thumb release but if there is only one negitive review you still need to give it a try with a open mind and not worry about the negitive review that may have been a operator error for it to fire prematurely I have used a tru ball caliper release for a couple years with no issue they build quality stuff.

Comment

I know tru ball has a good reputation, that is main reason I went with it. I plan on shooting quite a few arrows before I form an oppinion..the two negative reviews I read just kinda gave me an un-easy feeling (or at least took the excitement down a notch). I look forward to trying it out and hopefully it is as you say..user error on their part.

I really liked the price, hopefully it works out. if I like it I can add a back up and still be under what a carter costs.

Comment

Well let us know how it shoots I just got a Scott hook stlye it the silver rhino and I love that thing I was skepitical at first cuz I when you hook it to your D loop there is only half of the release compaired to my old double caliper style and now I dont see myself shoot anyother style of release. my groups got noticably tighter. I hope it works out for you bud!

Comment

Will keep y'all posted, Appreciate ya

Comment

Ive got a tru ball pro diamond thumb release. I love mine. Kind of slick in sweaty hands. I took some vet wrap and put on mine. Like i said, i love mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Csmith52779 View Post
                  I see I don't have no experience with a thumb release but if there is only one negative review you still need to give it a try with a open mind and not worry about the negative review that may have been a operator error for it to fire prematurely I have used a tru ball caliper release for a couple years with no issue they build quality stuff.
                  My experience as well. I have personally seen guys bump the trigger and swear up and down that the release let go on its own. If mine has ever failed it is because I did it not the release. Give it a try with an open mind, I think you will like it.

Comment

One word bro. Scott....

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
                      Ive got a tru ball pro diamond thumb release. I love mine. Kind of slick in sweaty hands. I took some vet wrap and put on mine. Like i said, i love mine.
                      Just moved to this same release. I don't think I can go back to a wrist style release, my anchor is easier to find and rock solid

Comment

Don't listen to Ragin'!!!!! JK

I have a Tru Ball Chappy Boss and the Max 4 as a backup. I love both and shoot the Chappy Boss. I can shoot the Max 4 and cannot tell the difference. Lots of ways to adjust this release for your comfort level.

Comment

I've had Carter's release on their own (due to owner error, trigger adjustment too lite) i would bet it's the same with yours... someone had the set screw adjustment too far out for a "hair" trigger and it could not hold the weight/pull due to being on the ragged edge.

Comment

I change bows like a bow skank

my release I've not changed in 10 years. Don't worry about reviews, write ups or opinions. 100% you need to find what suits you and shoot it. The two main contact points for me are my two hands. It's why I literally focus on the grips of bows and never change my release.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                              One word bro. Scott....
                              x2

Comment

Working...
                              X