Bow Tuning Info.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow Tuning Info.

Im looking for books or dvd on tuning and setting up bows I would like to start setting up my own bows any info would be apprciated.

You can download a great tuning guide from Easton's website for free.

Comment

i would go online and look for places that may have tuning equipment and compare prices.....thats what i do and just go from there

Comment

pm sent, enjoy

Comment

That Easton Guide is go start. For free

Comment

The Easton Tuning Guide is very informative.

Michael
            My Flickr Photos

Comment

I'll save ya the trouble.

Comment

Thanks guys for the info.Ill have to start buying presses and other tools now

Comment

You do not need a bow press to tune your bow. Read the Easton tuning guide and see how it's done. Tools are allen wrenches and screwdrivers to adjust whatever rest you have, and a rack to hold the paper for paper tuning, there are some in the DIY section on TBH. Have fun

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
                    You do not need a bow press to tune your bow. Read the Easton tuning guide and see how it's done. Tools are allen wrenches and screwdrivers to adjust whatever rest you have, and a rack to hold the paper for paper tuning, there are some in the DIY section on TBH. Have fun
                    Uh yeah you do for most of today's bows. Especially if he wants to keep it in time.

Comment

yeah you need one especially if you have a dual cam bow the cams have to be synced

Comment

A press and a draw board is two things that is a must! Try changing strings without a press. The best book I have found is $24.95 called "Idiot Proof Archery" do a searce and it should pop up by Coach Bernie.

Comment

Google LeEarl, he has some good tuning videos.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearkills View Post
                            Uh yeah you do for most of today's bows. Especially if he wants to keep it in time.
                            Let's agree to disagree. Sure you need a bow press to change a string, which is not part of tuning a bow. Synchronizing dual cams is typically done when a new string is installed, and with the modern strings not stretching like the ones I had 10+ years ago, does not need to be redone. Being a bow mechanic, yes, does require having a bow press. More general tuning does not require the investment- it's not mentioned for example in Easton's guide (generally spine, rest and nock adjustment).

But if you need one, buy one. If I had one, I'm sure I'd use it.

Shoot straight, hunt hard!

Comment

Let's agree to disagree. Sure you need a bow press to change a string, which is not part of tuning a bow. Synchronizing dual cams is typically done when a new string is installed, and with the modern strings not stretching like the ones I had 10+ years ago, does not need to be redone. Being a bow mechanic, yes, does require having a bow press. More general tuning does not require the investment- it's not mentioned for example in Easton's guide (generally spine, rest and nock adjustment).

But if you need one, buy one. If I had one, I'm sure I'd use it.

Shoot straight, hunt hard!
                              I'm thinkin' it all depends on your defination of tuned...

Me, I wouldn't be caught dead without my press, string jig, serving jigs, Hooter Shooter, arrow saw, grain scale and a whole bunch of other tools... but your mileage may vary...

Comment

Working...
                              X