Guardian String Noise help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guardian String Noise help

I have an 07' Guardian and the only noise this sucker makes is a slight flutter of string noise. It has cat whiskers and some old leech's that are coming apart. Specs are 60lb @ 27" dl. What else could I use to make the string quieter? This bow is a LOT different than my old Mighty Mite and Reflex Growler. Wow. Technology is something else. Help me out GS?

The only way you can make it quieter, ( if that's all the noise it makes), is to not shoot it.
    One of my buddies had the quietest bow made, as he never shot it.

Check to see if the speed nocks are loose and rattling.

Comment

Haha. Well, that ain't gonna happen. I love shooting this bow. So different than my others. I don't think it has any speed nocks. Just a few leech's that are coming off, cat whiskers and a d-loop. The string is the only thing I can think of making noise. The riser has NO vibrations at all. Any other kind of string suppressors I should try?

Comment

u can try a slightly heavier arrow

Comment

Install an aftermarket string stop. I put a Mean V on mine.

Comment

It makes basically the same noise with my 385grn to 550grn arrows. Think I will look into string stops. Thanks guys.

Comment

I shot guardians for several years. Buy a good string stopper like mean v. It will make a huge difference. If you like the guardian, try a destroyer

Comment

I vote string stop.

Comment

Thanks again guys. I was real big into bow hunting and 3d tourneys 10-12 years ago until an injury sidelined me for a few years. Got into military rifles and put the bows away. Now I'm back with a Guardian I traded an old rifle for. Technology has sure changed. This bow is so different. I used to shoot a BT Black Night 2 before I traded for my Mighty Mite. Talk about string noise. Haha. Anyway, gonna have to check out the newer bows eventually. I forgot how much I enjoyed archery.

Comment

I also have a '07 Guardian and have a mean V string stop on it. Nothing for silencing on the strings and at 29" and 70# with a 400 gr. arrow it is super quiet. Check to make sure all your screws in your cam are tight. Every Bowtech I've had had a issue with the screws coming loose and rattling just a little at the shot. Once they were tightened it never happened again. Awesome bow.

Comment

Thanks biz. I really enjoy shooting this arrow. I'm shooting some 385grn arrows at deer and 520grn for hogs. It is just an easy bow to shoot. Gonna invest in a Mean V. How much are they on average?

Comment

Shooting this bow. Don't know what I was thinking.

Comment

I own and shoot one I have a string stop (dead end , dead stop?)
                          And put monkey tails on it and it quieted down

Comment

Working...
                          X