No announcement yet.

Morning Erection, my barndo build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is the results from yesterday. The lumber was wet and the sawdust had to be removed with a wire brush, some of it had already molded. I should have had the stickers made but did not do it took the day to get it from trailer to being stacked. I still have the mantle piece to place and weight down. Shown are some samples of what the grain looks like on the lot.

Comment

Comment

Great job man. We're about to start my in-laws barndo as well. I'll keep up with this thread.

Comment

beautiful! I missed what part of the state you are in. Care to share the sawyer name? Happy with the cuts?

Comment

i see what you did there.

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
              beautiful! I missed what part of the state you are in. Care to share the sawyer name? Happy with the cuts?
              Goliad county. Everett Moritz was the sawer. Every thing was cut the same 1 1/4" thick except the mantle piece with is about 5" thick. I weighted the later with a couple of pieces of rail road track.

Comment

Caught up, Charlie. Lookin' great!

Keep it up.
                Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

Any updates on your build?

Comment

Looks Great!!

Comment

Looks good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I havent been able to work on it much due dealing with father/hospice/holidays etc. Decided to build a safe/tornado room in it also, I have put up 7000lbs of steel so far on that and still have more to go.

Played with some of that oak I have drying. Was messing around and jointed /planed a runner used to stack the wood and made a block. it's about 9x14 x 2 1/2 and weighs 13lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
                          I havent been able to work on it much due dealing with father/hospice/holidays etc. Decided to build a safe/tornado room in it also, I have put up 7000lbs of steel so far on that and still have more to go.

Played with some of that oak I have drying. Was messing around and jointed /planed a runner used to stack the wood and made a block. it's about 9x14 x 2 1/2 and weighs 13lbs.

That is beautiful!

Comment

Thanks mmoses. I certainly wish that oak was dry enough to work as I am chomping at the bit to get it all planed and ready to build some cabinets with.

Comment

Man, I am jealous...you're building an amazing home I'm going to have to show this to my wife. We're in the midst of looking for acreage to build on in 6-8 years, once the kids are graduated and off to college and we can downsize. I want a shop attached to the house to work in. I'll be following your progress

Comment

Very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X