Pressured Deer Are EASY To Pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lab man View Post
    congrats to your dad and thanks for taking the time to share your stories with us.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
      Yall know that I have been sitting with Dad a lot and I really enjoy it. He killed a nice deer early in bow season with a cross bow and since then, we have been passing deer and waiting on a couple of specific deer to come home. The are still MIA. Anyway, he had first option on several good deer but let others hunt them figuring I would find him a giant late season. Lots of mature deer but not exactly what I was hoping for.

That sets the stage. A couple weeks ago, he just told me that the next mature buck that came out was in trouble. I knew I had a pretty wide and old 8pt coming every evening so we got in the ground stand about 3pm. At 345, Dad informs me he is going to have to take a crap before the evening is over so he better do it now. Dad exits the back of the stand leaving his rifle inside with me. Not 30 seconds later, here comes that dang 8pt.

He settles in and starts eating corn while I sneak a peek out the back of the blind for Dad. I cant see him anywhere. I look out the front and the deer is oblivious. This goes on for 20 minutes! Finally, I see Dad coming back. I ease the back of the blind open and motion for him to come on! He starts stomping right along. Next I motion for him to be quiet which just aggravates the old man! I peek out front and the deer is still eating so I motion SHHHHHH with one hand and come on with the other.

Well that really aggravates him because he thinks Im fussing at him. He gets to the stand and says rather loudly, " Son, I cant help it. I had to CRAP!". I look back just in time to see the deer exit in a hurry. He didnt come back...EVER.

The next hunt, we had five young bucks roll in early. About 430, a mature 8pt that we had passed walked out. Now Dad had passed 20 deer bigger than this one. Boom goes the 280 and down goes the buck. It was a great deer for him to take though and I love every hunt with him. He just got ready to kill one.
      Congrats to your dad on a fine buck. You are very fortunate as mentioned above to still have him to hunt with. I only got to hunt with my dad for three seasons when he was taken by the good Lord, and that's been over fifteen years ago. The memories I made with him are a lot like the ones you are still making now with your dad, take every one of them and be thankful, because none of us are guaranteed the next.
      Last edited by MASTERS; 12-28-2015, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Haha that is a great story. Congrats to the ol' man!

Comment

Man that had to be frustrating when your dad got a call from Nature. Our dads are so stealthy. But it seems clear that it's not all about the horns for him. Never let a big buck interfere with a good poop. I like his style. ��

Comment

thats why i take my gun with me to poop you never know when you might need it

Comment

Originally posted by masters75 View Post
              Congrats to your dad on a fine buck. You are very fortunate as mentioned above to still have him to hunt with. I only got to hunt with my dad for three seasons when he was taken by the good Lord, and that's been over fifteen years ago. The memories I made with him are a lot like the ones you are still making now with your dad, take every one of them and be thankful, because none of us are guaranteed the next.
              Well said bud, I would give anything to sit with my dad for one more hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by D C View Post
                Well said bud, I would give anything to sit with my dad for one more hunt.

Mine is still alive but in bad shape. I'd give anything to share a blind with him again.

Comment

Great story Garguy and I totally get him getting frustrated with your directions, I have had the same issue with both my sons and my Dad!

Comment

Yall know that I have been sitting with Dad a lot and I really enjoy it. He killed a nice deer early in bow season with a cross bow and since then, we have been passing deer and waiting on a couple of specific deer to come home. The are still MIA. Anyway, he had first option on several good deer but let others hunt them figuring I would find him a giant late season. Lots of mature deer but not exactly what I was hoping for.

That sets the stage. A couple weeks ago, he just told me that the next mature buck that came out was in trouble. I knew I had a pretty wide and old 8pt coming every evening so we got in the ground stand about 3pm. At 345, Dad informs me he is going to have to take a crap before the evening is over so he better do it now. Dad exits the back of the stand leaving his rifle inside with me. Not 30 seconds later, here comes that dang 8pt.

He settles in and starts eating corn while I sneak a peek out the back of the blind for Dad. I cant see him anywhere. I look out the front and the deer is oblivious. This goes on for 20 minutes! Finally, I see Dad coming back. I ease the back of the blind open and motion for him to come on! He starts stomping right along. Next I motion for him to be quiet which just aggravates the old man! I peek out front and the deer is still eating so I motion SHHHHHH with one hand and come on with the other.

Well that really aggravates him because he thinks Im fussing at him. He gets to the stand and says rather loudly, " Son, I cant help it. I had to CRAP!". I look back just in time to see the deer exit in a hurry. He didnt come back...EVER.

The next hunt, we had five young bucks roll in early. About 430, a mature 8pt that we had passed walked out. Now Dad had passed 20 deer bigger than this one. Boom goes the 280 and down goes the buck. It was a great deer for him to take though and I love every hunt with him. He just got ready to kill one.

Sounds like a pretty crappy hunt[emoji3]
                    Thanks for sharing.

Comment

We are about to take another swing at LongBeam this evening. Dang hogs found the corn yesterday so Im not sure whats going to happen. May turn to a pig killin.

Comment

Waiting on an LDP of LongBeam!

Comment

Originally posted by q2xlman View Post
                          Waiting on an LDP of LongBeam!
                          No LongBeam this evening. Hogs flooded us. We made a couple of them pay the piper though.

Comment

No LongBeam this evening. Hogs flooded us. We made a couple of them pay the piper though.

Dead pigs = success

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                              Dead pigs = success
                              Agreed. Dad got two lined up and killed em with one shot.

Comment

The ole two-fer.....That will work too!

Comment

Working...
                                X