3 gun shotgun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 gun shotgun

Recently I've really gotten into shooting 3 gun. My bone stock Beretta A400 shoots great but just doesn't have the capacity or a wide enough loading port to get em in there quickly.

I got extremely lucky and picked up a Walmart versa max when they were on clearance. Finally got some time to get into the machine shop and turn it into a competition gun.

Lowered and beveled the loading port, one piece 12 round magazine tube, compression spacer (the tube nut transfers force to the handguard and holds the barrel in), I had the lifter welded and polished to get rid of the thumb grabbing fork, oversized bolt close button.

Aluminum shell follower and tube cap to come, compression spacer will eventually get a cut out honeycomb treatment for aesthetics and to reduce weight. I also have an oversized bolt handle that needs to be modified a bit.

Excellent machining on the loading port. The one piece magazine tube is also very nice.

Comment

Sweet looking scatter gun...

Comment

Where do you shoot at? A buddy of our's is getting deep into it.

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
          Where do you shoot at? A buddy of our's is getting deep into it.
          I've shot with West Houston IDPA, North of Brookshire (2nd Saturday of the month) , Dissident Arms in Navasota (last Sunday of the month), and North Texas Multigun in Cresson near Ft Worth (2nd and 4th weekends both days)

Hope to shoot with Texas 3 Gun at Copperhead Creek in marble falls soon (2nd Saturday).

Comment

very nice. Now do mine! I need that mag for dove hunting.
            Last edited by mmoses; 10-22-2015, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Next time you come up to DFW let me know! Might look at adding a rear sight and raising the front fiber. Makes the slug shots 10 times easier.

Comment

Your loading port looks better than mine! But then again, I did use a dremel

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
                  very nice. Now do mine! I need that mag for dove hunting.
                  And a loooong dowel rod. Now conservation goose season is another story.
                  Originally posted by Jason19 View Post
                  Next time you come up to DFW let me know! Might look at adding a rear sight and raising the front fiber. Makes the slug shots 10 times easier.
                  I've got an outside the box idea for sights.

If everything goes as planned I will be shooting the North Texas Multigun, Mossberg sponsored shotgun match on Nov 1st.
                  Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                  Your loading port looks better than mine! But then again, I did use a dremel
                  Hey user whatever you have available. As long as it gets the job done.

Comment

Heads up, Remington has a $75 rebate for the versamax if you bought after 8/1 I believe.

Comment

Nice job!

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                        Heads up, Remington has a $75 rebate for the versamax if you bought after 8/1 I believe.
                        Thanks, but they exclude sportsman models.

Comment

Great job!

Comment

Originally posted by Tye View Post
                            Great job!
                            Where's yours? (you shoot last weekend?)

Comment

Looking good!!

Comment

Working...
                              X