No announcement yet.

Argh...Walkback tuning fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your rest is way low and sitting at a crappy angle. It should be parallel to the shelf and with the rest arm in the full up position the arrow should be running close to the center of the holes where the rest mounts to the bow aka the berger holes. With the rest in the full draw position the arrow should be at a 90° or running slightly downhill depending on the bow. Something is obviously contacting that rubber piece and it should not be. You'll never get it to tune like that.

Loosen the cord that attaches to the rest arm and it will spring up to the full draw position and you can see where your arrow is in relation to the berger holes.

Your best bet is to take it in to a competent shop but I know some people are hard headed and want to do it themselves.

Comment

I appreciate pointing me in that direction with the tips! Hate to sound hard headed just enjoy learning how to work on my own things. I'll probably take it to someone knowledgeable to get me on the right track though.

Comment

You can take it to a shop and they can do it for you and charge you for it, or you can learn how to do it yourself. Never a good thing to be on a hunting trip far from town and not have any idea how to fix an issue by yourself. I got tired of spending $ everytime I let a bow shop breathe on it, so I learned.

You need to get everything 100% square. Set your "center shot" and adjust your rest height and nock height per your arrow rest's specs. Easiest way to set your center shot is to take a thin piece of string and tape it in the very center of your limb bolts letting it run from bolt to bolt in front of your bow. You can use a piece of an arrow short enough to clip the nock and use the end to line up on the string. Move your rest until the end of the short arrow meets the center of the string. After you have gotten everything perfectly square, sight it back in and walk back tune it. This should handle the problems your experiencing. Good luck!!

Comment

Just thought if this... Do a google search for "nuts and bolts of archery".

That thing taught me how to be self sufficient

Comment

Originally posted by popup_menace View Post
            Just thought if this... Do a google search for "nuts and bolts of archery".

That thing taught me how to be self sufficient
            i printed this out years ago and keep it in a binder in my archery tool box. also i keep the easton tuning chart

Comment

Dude seriously look up a good youtube video on how to install this rest.

Comment

Working...
              X