Buzzards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buzzards

I am so dang sick of these miserable, nasty creatures. They keep surrounding my cattle trying to kill calves. Drove up today to find at least 100 in the back pasture. I've already lost 1 calf to them, now I'm 2 short on counts today. I see red every time I drive up and see them. I remember one instance 2 years ago where I drove up on a cow with a new calf. There was a perfect circle of bare dirt around her from fighting buzzards. Her tongue was hanging out she was so tired from fighting them. Best part is they are protected so you can't do a darn thing about it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Didn’t realize they were predators always thought they were just scavengers that’s crazy

Comment

Are the buzzards killing the newborn calves just after they’re born ?

Comment

For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by ReydonPete View Post
          Are the buzzards killing the newborn calves just after they’re born ?
          Typically, but we've seen them peck eyes out on several week old calves.

Comment

I deal with them daily year around. You HAVE THE RIGHT TO PROTECT YOUR PROPERTY! so do what needs done and go about your life. All will be well

Don’t:

Post pics
            Facebook rants
            Selfies
            Coffee shoe stories

Do what needs done and no ones the wiser.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
              I deal with them daily year around. You HAVE THE RIGHT TO PROTECT YOUR PROPERTY! so do what needs done and go about your life. All will be well

Don’t:

Post pics
              Facebook rants
              Selfies
              Coffee shoe stories

Do what needs done and no ones the wiser.
              How not to write a post dealing with breaking a law and not implicate yourself.

Comment

S S S (shoot, shovel, & shut up)

Comment

Sss

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                    I am so dang sick of these miserable, nasty creatures. They keep surrounding my cattle trying to kill calves. Drove up today to find at least 100 in the back pasture. I've already lost 1 calf to them, now I'm 2 short on counts today. I see red every time I drive up and see them. I remember one instance 2 years ago where I drove up on a cow with a new calf. There was a perfect circle of bare dirt around her from fighting buzzards. Her tongue was hanging out she was so tired from fighting them. Best part is they are protected so you can't do a darn thing about it.

The black headed ones are not protected. and you have the right to defend/protect your livestock.

Comment

Buzzards, crows, raccoons, hogs, road runners, all pests as far as I am concerned

Comment

OP - https://www.victoriaadvocate.com/new...77ee0eff7.html

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                          Typically, but we've seen them peck eyes out on several week old calves.

Wow I never knew about that
                          Worst thing we worry about on ours during calving season is the coyotes and last few years we’ve had concerns about the hog population
                          Last edited by ReydonPete; 07-15-2018, 02:13 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Crazy, can’t imagine how mad I would be to see one pecking the eyes of a new born calf either. Sound advise above. But not sure I would broad cast it on the web. On the other hand protected or not. If they are killing Livestock are you still able to protect your property against them?

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
                              Crazy, can’t imagine how mad I would be to see one pecking they eyes of a new born calf either. Sound advise above. But not sure I would broad cast it on the web. On the other hand protected or not. If they are killing
                              Livestock are you still able to protect your property against them?
                              Apparently there is a permit you can obtain.
                              YORKTOWN - Rey Herrera lost five cattle in 2015-16 to vultures that would attack as a heifer was giving birth to a calf.

Comment

Working...
                              X