Arizona Unit 6A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arizona Unit 6A

I was drawn for a mule deer rifle hunt in Arizona Unit 6A the first week of November. Have hunted other units, but have no experience in 6A.

Unit is located in Coconino National Forest.Has anyone hunted 6A and have any information to share?

Yes what info are you looking for? I lived Prescott and hunted in that unit .

Comment

Pulled these out of my GPS for you . The first two I had great luck , its a lot of walking in some areas like Rattlesnake quiet area off rocky park road region is a hike only .. Many guys road hunt up there Its all open to the public they drive around in UTV trucks whatever and when they see a deer get out and stalk it . So some of the areas are crawling with people all road hunting .

Tons of tanks there but I picked a few areas for you that I had luck in the past . Its a hard hunt for sure but during the week you will have it to yourself mainly . make you you stay hydrated its not like here there is no humidity you will get heat stroke before you know it

Mormon lake region is full of elk a few I sent you will have good groups of pronghorn as well . Let me know what else I can offer
      Last edited by HDWRENCH; 07-06-2018, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
        Pulled these out of my GPS for you . The first two I had great luck , its a lot of walking in some areas like Rattlesnake quiet area off rocky park road region is a hike only .. Many guys road hunt up there Its all open to the public they drive around in UTV trucks whatever and when they see a deer get out and stalk it . So some of the areas are crawling with people all road hunting .

Tons of tanks there but I picked a few areas for you that I had luck in the past . Its a hard hunt for sure but during the week you will have it to yourself mainly . make you you stay hydrated its not like here there is no humidity you will get heat stroke before you know it

Mormon lake region is full of elk a few I sent you will have good groups of pronghorn as well . Let me know what else I can offer

This is a nice thing for you to do! But, to keep these spots somewhat less "exposed" to other internet folks, would it be better to take the details off the forum and send to him in a PM?

I've already memorized the coordinates, so I won't need a PM myself.

Comment

Ever hunt mule deer in the high country of AZ if so you know that me dropping the GPS areas is just an area think 1-2 miles area and glass stalk over and over tank sitting will yield some elk maybe a deer during shooting hours but most times they hit them before dawn and after dark .

Sleep in the shad of the pinion and juniper during the day . I sent him a PM as well

Comment

Thanks HDWRENCH!

I have hunted the Kaibab and couldn't believe the amount of road hunters. I learned quick to get away from the roads and stay off them. I had planned to hunt the walk in areas, and will be hunting all week.

Did you hike in and camp? Was thinking about doing that unless walking was easy enough before and after daylight.

Comment

I lived Prescott so LONG days ha ha camping would be fine as well I sent some info check you inbox

Comment

Congrats on drawing!! Good luck! How long did you put in draw? As in how many years? Will you do a hunt recap please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My wife’s grandma lives in Press-Kit(Prescott). Beautiful country out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Should have too much trouble seeing some decent mule deer. I've driven through a few times and almost hit a big buck in my prius!

Comment

Originally posted by MulieThumper View Post
                      Should have too much trouble seeing some decent mule deer. I've driven through a few times and almost hit a big buck in my prius!
                      That’s what you get for driving a Prius

OP good luck!! Arizona mule deer is high on my to do list!! Just a few hundred miles northwest of your unit

Comment

Working...
                      X