Can anyone run a license plate for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone run a license plate for me?

My daughter was involved in a hit an run. She's ok, but there's damage to her car. She got a pic of their license plate.

I would think just report it to the local pd?

Comment

police

Comment

How about the police?

Comment

In Texas, registration information is protected and those that have access to the info commit a crime for sharing it.

Comment

PoPo can

Comment

Is there maybe, kinda, possibly more to the story why the police weren't called immediately ? Just sayin...

Comment

Police still won't do anything about it unless you can identify the person that was actually drivin. Happened to my wife and they said if you didn't see the person drivin they can't really do anything. Then again it happened in Montgomery county. Just sayin

Comment

Originally posted by Louis View Post
                  Police still won't do anything about it unless you can identify the person that was actually drivin. Happened to my wife and they said if you didn't see the person drivin they can't really do anything. Then again it happened in Montgomery county. Just sayin
                  They could still identify the owner and see if they can shake someone down.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis View Post
                    Not trying to hijack the thread, but this is what I dont understand. How can they send you a red light camera ticket based only on license plate? but yet say they can't do anything without being able to identify the person.

Comment

Originally posted by Bci2nd View Post
                      In Texas, registration information is protected and those that have access to the info commit a crime for sharing it.
                      publicdata.com says bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                        publicdata.com says bull****.
                        That's what I was thinking.

Comment

Your not supposed to share it if you have a public data account. Now if he gets his own public data account for $25 that's a different story

Comment

Originally posted by texanatc View Post
                            Not trying to hijack the thread, but this is what I dont understand. How can they send you a red light camera ticket based only on license plate? but yet say they can't do anything without being able to identify the person.
                            They get around it because the red light ticket is a civil ticket not a criminal ticket.

still BS in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by texanatc View Post
                              That is BS, I am waiting on my ticket from Marshall, TX. Had a boat on the back and couldn't stop sudden and it took my picture. But, I will fight it for sure they stopped them in my city because you cant punish the vehicle owner. The person driving is responsible, crazy they think other wise.

Comment

Working...
                              X