New to traditional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to traditional

Does anyone shoot the browning rover? I think it's a 40lb model, what are yalls arrow suggestions?

Pretty much any Browning recurve bow from back in that time period (yes that includes the Rover), has Harry Drake's designs built into them. They are phenomenal bows.

Rick

Comment

Glad to have you on board, Demilo. Used to quail hunt around Dublin years ago.

Comment

Welcome to Trad. And welcome to the fire!!

Comment

Welcome.

I highly recommend you read the stickies at the top of this forum. Especially the one on tuning. The short answer to your question is you need more information about the weight of the bow at your draw length. That means you need to determine your draw length and figure out the actual specs of the bow. From there, you can at least get a ball park arrow setup that you can tune later when you get your shooting form down and consistent.

Comment

Originally posted by Demilo78 View Post
            Does anyone shoot the browning rover? I think it's a 40lb model, what are yalls arrow suggestions?
            Get you some full length (30") 600 spine carbon arrows and 150 grain field points. This will be close enough to get you started my friend.

Comment

Here's some info on tuning that I put together a while back. Feel free to ask any questions that you may have.

Ben

Comment

Welcome to the fun side!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Thanks guys I'm headed to the stickies now! My draw length with a compound is 28.5.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                      Glad to have you on board, Demilo. Used to quail hunt around Dublin years ago.
                      What road? It's good hunting out here for sure

Comment

No idea what road, but recall hunting on the Dunn place with my Dad. When I say years ago, I'm talking mid '70s.

Also remember getting really good barbecue at a place in nearby Stephenville called The Wood Lot. It still around?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Comment

Tradtiger, the only place I know of is woody's but I believe my father in law told me that building used to be a **** good bbq place so that's probably it

Comment

Working...
                          X