Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
    Your body typically won't start transitioning into ketosis until 12 hours an empty stomach. A 12 hour fast doesn't actually do anything. A 16 hour fast does though. I especially like doing a workout at hour 15 if I am intermittent fasting, burns Almost purely fat at that point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maybe I am not typical and am genetically better than average I tend to lose weight really well when I stick to my 7pm rule.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
      Interesting... I never considered not eating between Dinner and Breakfast as formal fasting. I guess I fast every day for at least 12 hours.

What do you think the work BREAKFAST means?

Also, it's 16 hours...not 12. Some do it for 24 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by IDFWU View Post
        What do you think the work BREAKFAST means?

Also, it's 16 hours...not 12. Some do it for 24 hours.
        I just said it works with 12... and have evidence to prove it works. I have lost 45 pounds using 12 hour daily IF.

Comment

Update and Nacho Recipe

Couple things, first of all I have been a gym rat for over two years now. Not a meat head, I'm 48 and looking to be a lean mean fighting machine without injury. First thing I noticed was my muscles shrank. I excepted this because the initial weight loss is water weight due to the restricted carbs. I'm 5'11 and started at 187 and the 2nd week I'm down to 180. I haven't checked my body fat but I started at 15% which is on the high end of where I like it but I had been drinking to much wine. Only 3 glasses since I started. Secondly, things are easier than I expected so I started IF yesterday. I'm eating dinner at 730pm and fasting until 1130am. I'm breaking my fast with a Whey Isolate shake, then BCCA's, and heading to the gym. Standard fat and protein meal with a cup full of fibrous caps after workout.
          I'm second guessing the BCCA's which I normally sip on all day and take pre workout. Some say yes and some say no. I can't find the exact research to help me make a decision. HELP??? Enjoy The Nachos.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3D0dHXVrqI"]Keto Nachos /// Keto Recipes /// Keto On A Budget - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Down about 15 lbs in just over a month. I have pretty much felt good other than a the initial "Keto flu" and another day I was just totally out of energy. I have toned up a bit and maybe even added a bit of muscle so I am feeling really good.

On a side note, today I tried a GU gel as I was going to play basketball and I just haven't been able to hang energy wise playing ball since I started Keto. I felt like I had a lot more energy through out the games unlike the last few weeks which I felt like I was totally gassed after a couple games. Do any of you guys doing Keto ever carb up for intense arobic type workouts??

Comment

The wife wasn't adjusting well to Keto and decided to come off of it completely about 2 1/2 weeks ago. Since I'm not about to make us cook 2 meals every time we eat, I came off of it with her. I have to say I have felt like absolute crap since I came out of ketosis. At first I LOVED being able to sip a few beers, but I hate this whole feeling hungry throughout the day thing. I think I will just slowly wear her down about going back Keto because this really sucks.

Comment

The wife wasn't adjusting well to Keto and decided to come off of it completely about 2 1/2 weeks ago. Since I'm not about to make us cook 2 meals every time we eat, I came off of it with her. I have to say I have felt like absolute crap since I came out of ketosis. At first I LOVED being able to sip a few beers, but I hate this whole feeling hungry throughout the day thing. I think I will just slowly wear her down about going back Keto because this really sucks.

If you don't mind me asking what was she having a tough time with? My wife & I have been doing keto for years and we've found it easy to keep up with. There are so many foods & recipes out there, that we crave very little outside our lifestyle. If it's food she's craving you need to find replacements that are similar yet keto friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
                  If you don't mind me asking what was she having a tough time with? My wife & I have been doing keto for years and we've found it easy to keep up with. There are so many foods & recipes out there, that we crave very little outside our lifestyle. If it's food she's craving you need to find replacements that are similar yet keto friendly.

With my wife it is sweets. She does dark chocolate with whipping cream to get her through

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bps3040 View Post
                    With my wife it is sweets. She does dark chocolate with whipping cream to get her through

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                    Sweets used to be my downfall too, but once my body is fully adapted to keto most of the cravings go away. There are plenty off keto options to cure a sweet tooth, but I admit they aren't as quick as grabbing a candy bar. We enjoy sugar free jello, whipped cream, peanut butter fat bombs, cheesecake, dark chocolate fat bombs, etc...

Comment

I started Keto a couple of months ago,in order to drop weight for the IBJJF World Championships.Came home with a bronze medal,and kicked myself out of ketosis with a few celebratory meals in California.I am now having a hell of a time getting back into ketosis or dropping weight.I started at 207#,am now at 185,with a goal of 10 more to go before July 22.My macros are 120p 149f and 24c.Any advice for getting back into ketosis?

Comment

Originally posted by Hard Knocks View Post
                        I started Keto a couple of months ago,in order to drop weight for the IBJJF World Championships.Came home with a bronze medal,and kicked myself out of ketosis with a few celebratory meals in California.I am now having a hell of a time getting back into ketosis or dropping weight.I started at 207#,am now at 185,with a goal of 10 more to go before July 22.My macros are 120p 149f and 24c.Any advice for getting back into ketosis?

Give intermittent fasting a go. It's a great tool to help get the engine going. And you either need to adjust your macros. 70% Fat 25% protein and 5% carbs. Some believe excess protein will keep you out of ketosis.

For sweet cravings look up all the Fat Bomb recipes. Delicious!!!

I've hopped back on the trolley after Father's Day weekend fun. Feeling much better. Dropped about 10 lbs of water since then.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post

Too many cheats. They didn't add up to hardly anything calorie wise, but they bunk the ketosis, which then causes hunger and cravings. Also, she can't stand fatty foods, and that's what Keto lives on.

Comment

Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

I may give intermittent Keto a go. I meal prep for my work trips, so I can just make all my work stuff Keto. Do an intermittent fast before my 3-day, eat Keto all 3 days, then eat whatever she has on the menu when I am home. I could probably do all of July on Keto since I am only home for 5 total days all month. But, I doubt I'll be able to go 25 days (almost in a row) of flying without the passengers making me need a drink.

Comment

Too many cheats. They didn't add up to hardly anything calorie wise, but they bunk the ketosis, which then causes hunger and cravings. Also, she can't stand fatty foods, and that's what Keto lives on.

There is lots of healthy fatty foods as well like salmon, tuna, haddock etc. Hamburgers, taco's etc. Just use low carb bread and tortillas or lettuce wraps etc. It's not all bacon and sausage.

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
                                There is lots of healthy fatty foods as well like salmon, tuna, haddock etc. Hamburgers, taco's etc. Just use low carb bread and tortillas or lettuce wraps etc. It's not all bacon and sausage.

Oh I know. But, she isn't bought in at all. She is done with it. If I push now, she still won't do it and I will lose good will for hunting season.

Comment

Working...
                                X