No announcement yet.

Here we go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just had a really good deer pass behind me. About 20 yards out. He looked right at me but with all the brush behind me I guess he couldn't make me out. Never spooked just kept going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Maybe his big brother will come by.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

He just came back through. I hit my grunt call a couple times and he circled back in front, but at about 40 yards. I'm about to lose my mind!!

Comment

Stay calm.

Comment

I'm not sure where he went. The good news is he never spooked. I won't be able to hunt here this evening because the wind is gonna switch mid day. But I have another spot just a few hundred yards away. I'm gonna give it until 10 unless the wind starts to change. First hint of north wind I'm out. I don't wanna booger this spot up now.

Comment

Good call.

Comment

Just had another buck cruise through way off to me left. Couldn't tell much about him, but definitely not the same deer.

Comment

May want to sit as long as you can.

Comment

That was the plan...but the wind just started hitting me in the back. Checked the weather channel and they're showing it out of the north now for the rest of the day. As bad as I hate to I gotta slip out.

Comment

I know its hard to do Ryan, but you know thats the best call! The best part bout this hunt, no deer spooked!! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

For eight years I had a lease one mile from my house. It was such a joy to be able to go out after work just to sit in the woods and observe nature. There was no pressure to kill just to enjoy. I was able to harvest my two largest bucks from this area. It was a sad day when the owner sold to development.

Comment

I'm feeling better after checking camera. This is where I'll be hunting this evening. He was there again at 823 this morning.

Comment

That's not the deer I saw this morning, but he'd be a great first trad buck.

Comment

Here he is from the back.
                              I'd have to look him over real close but I think he's over 13"...but they always look a little wider from the back too for some reason.

Comment

Measure him before you post ldps.[emoji14]

Comment

Working...
                                X