who's going elk hunt'n

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who's going elk hunt'n

was just wonder'n who alls going. this will be a special one for me. as my son ty and i will be going and might be my last chance at elk "maybe". neetz and i want to go to africa. but elk comes first. and hunting with my son "a promise i made 8 years ago will be fullfilled " were hunting in Colorado with mark horne. and a better man to hunt with is hard to find....
    come on september.....

Not going to make it this year wife just had a little one good luck to all.

Comment

Originally posted by bullelk View Post
      Not going to make it this year wife just had a little one good luck to all.
      congrats on the little one...

Comment

I'm headed to CO on Sept 15th! I been up there a couple times and have yet to fill a tag. I sure hope this is the year.....but know I will have a great time regardless!

Bisch

Comment

I wish, I was goin been 3 times. Have came close to 2 really nice bulls just didn feel comfortable with the shot. But Il be back after them in a year or two.

Comment

If your Gunna hunt over the counter public land dont go to late in the season. Two times i was there late in the season and all the previous hunters pushed the elk a lil lower down the mountain. So if you are up top and not seeing much move down the mountain a few hundred feet. Thts Wat I had to do and tht few hundred feet made a difference. Good luck to all tht is goin. Looking forward to seeing a big bull Bisch

Comment

I was talkin with Arvin about this very thing last night on the phone. Neither of us have been able to go for 3 or 4 years, and miss it A LOT.

What would be real cool is for several of us to get together on an elk hunt sometime in the next year or two. Arvin & I know a good place. 8^)

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
                I was talkin with Arvin about this very thing last night on the phone. Neither of us have been able to go for 3 or 4 years, and miss it A LOT.

What would be real cool is for several of us to get together on an elk hunt sometime in the next year or two. Arvin & I know a good place. 8^)

Rick
                I'd be up if nothing more than to be a camp gopher! In fact I wouldn't mind this at any point in time!

Comment

Bisch, Look me up if you come Denver way. Since we're hunting the same unit, I'll let you know what's going on with the calling.

A buddy of mine and I got mulie, bear, and elk tags in our unit this year. First focus is going to be the mulies, then he's gonna chase a ewe sheep closer to Denver while I go after the elk. Got a couple good mulie spots scouted, and checking out some more this weekend.

Comment

Btw Bisch - Mick and Andy are going to be up here the first part of the season. Will be meeting with him in a couple weeks to talk Aussie buff

Comment

We are leaving in early Sept for NM. Private ranch DIY....8 days to hunt.

Good luck to everyone!

Tapachat

Comment

Leave here September 12 and will be in Colorado hunting public land DIY. Plan on hiking in about 9 miles for a bivy hunt till the end of day on the 23 if needed.

Glenn

Comment

Myself and let's go boys 8204 will be in Unit 86 on the 13th of September. I hope it is better than it has been the last 5 years! I am pumped and ready to roll!

Comment

Originally posted by trad"Doc"53 View Post
                            I'd be up if nothing more than to be a camp gopher! In fact I wouldn't mind this at any point in time!
                            Me too! I want to go, that would be a good time for sure.

Comment

Leaving on the 14th thru 23rd. Private land NW if Durango. 35 days, 15hrs, 15 min, but who's counting?

Comment

Working...
                              X