Russia - anyone else tired of hearing it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jerp View Post
    I like Jeff Sessions a lot but he handed the Dems a club to whack him with in his answer to Sen. Franken. If he had said "Yes I talked to the Russian ambassador as part of my duties on the Armed Services Committee, but did not discuss the election" all would be fine. Denying he talked to the Russians at all was a mistake. We all know the context of the question was about influencing the election but it does not matter now - the dems and the media will hammer away on this forever. It was an unforced error on Session's part.
    Actually earlier they showed Sessions when he was testifying. What actually said was I never talked to the Russians about the campaign. He never said I did not talk to the Russians. Democraps and Rino's get to work I stated earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
      Actually earlier they showed Sessions when he was testifying. What actually said was I never talked to the Russians about the campaign. He never said I did not talk to the Russians. Democraps and Rino's get to work I stated earlier.
      You might should listen to his answer again. That may be what he meant but it is not what he said.

Comment

Yes....but please start another thread about it!

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
          You might should listen to his answer again. That may be what he meant but it is not what he said.
          The question was put into context by Franken as a "surrogate of the Trump campaign".

Here is the transcript:

Franken: CNN just published a story alleging that the intelligence community provided documents to the president-elect last week, that included information that “Russian operatives claim to have compromising personal and financial information about Mr. Trump.” These documents also allegedly say “there was a continuing exchange of information during the campaign between Trump surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government.” Again, I’m telling you this as it’s coming out, so you know. But if it’s true, it’s obviously extremely serious, and if there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign, what will you do?
          Last edited by Ætheling; 03-02-2017, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 512robby View Post
            There is one valid question to be asked here:

Why is the Russian Ambassador in Cleveland
            Cleveland?

Well you see, what happened was, he dropped by my house and we talked about rigging the election for Trump. Once he explained how they could do that I asked him where in the heck were they when we needed them back in 2008?

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
              The question was put into context by Franken as a "surrogate of the Trump campaign".
              Here is the direct quote from Jeff Sessions "I have been called a surrogate a time or two and I have not had any communications with the Russians."

I'm not saying it is right or wrong, but this is what he said.

Comment

Here is the direct quote from Jeff Sessions "I have been called a surrogate a time or two and I have not had any communications with the Russians."

I'm not saying it is right or wrong, but this is what he said.
                You are ignoring the question asked. The person asking the question makes the context not the person answering it.

Comment

LWC is spot on

If there were 80 Ambassadors there

This is fake news

You have to tell the whole story

Not just the part that benefits your cause

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                    You are ignoring the question asked. The person asking the question makes the context not the person answering it.
                    I'm not arguing with you. I was just trying to put his exact quote out there because somebody earlier had misquoted Sessions.

Comment

I'm not arguing with you. I was just trying to put his exact quote out there because somebody earlier had misquoted Sessions.
                      Gotcha.

Comment

Sessions to be on Tucker tonight.

Comment

Session recused himself

Comment

That was my take on it when it came out last night. jerp said it best........another unforced era........and Sessions has been around the block waaay to many times to be mis-handling slow pitch ground balls.
                            Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post
                            Session recused himself
                            Probably the smartest move at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                              That was my take on it when it came out last night. jerp said it best........another unforced era........and Sessions has been around the block waaay to many times to be mis-handling slow pitch ground balls.

Probably the ONLY move at this point.
                              Fixed it for you. It's the only move short of resignation

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X