Thermacell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermacell

After the horrible hunts with mosquitoes last season, I swore I'd buy me one. I'm curious if they spook game. I hunt natural blinds on the ground in public land with a recurve bow, so deer are going to be very close and are already very skittish.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

I've never had an issue with them spooking game.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve neve had an issue with game getting spooked. Way less “spooky” than swatting at bugs

Comment

I don't think they do. I've had deer within 5 yards of me while I was using one.

Comment

You won't regret purchasing one

Comment

No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Had one experience that I had a Doe and fawn freeze up on the edge of fire road for 25min and found out later that my son had fired up his Therma Cell. The Doe finally jumped the fire road and worked her way right under the tree my son was in before finally working her way back to the bedding area. The wind was from him to me so always work the wind or don't hunt.

Comment

Ide rather forget my release than my thermacell in east Texas during October.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
                  Ide rather forget my release than my thermacell in east Texas during October.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  THATS a X-2

Comment

I was a skeptic at first
                    But man there’s no way I would hunt without mine
                    I have never had a problem with game spooking
                    Have had deer and hogs 5 ft without seeming concerned

Comment

Get one. They work, and don't affect the animals' behavior.

Comment

Have you ever gone in to "panic mode" because you couldn't find your phone? That's exactly how it feels when you are on your way to the lease and you can't remember if you packed the thermacell, even though you triple checked before you left.

Hands down the best hunting equipment I have purchased for less than $30! A must have for early in the season.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies, looks like I've found the answers. Been bowhunting about 40+ years and have tried about everything from cotton balls in my ears and nose to actually using Off spray. I've seen the thermacells for years and never would buy one for some reason. Looking forward to being in the woods in October without getting eaten alive!

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Comment

They work unreal ! Wouldn’t head to these Florida swamps without 2 of them !

I have been scent busted in the tree, still dark black , early morning by pigs. Can’t say it’s the thermacell, my scent, or bad wind [emoji100] or a combo.

I have had pigs under me thousands of times with no issues however. Always bring a field spray bottle of Dead Down Wind [emoji100] with ya and spray down once in the tree or just before you climb up. It does help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They work great and yes they affect game. But if they’ve smelled your thermacel, they would have smelled you anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X