No announcement yet.

2017 F-250 who's bought one so far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just purchased one a couple weeks ago. The question to ask, is how much over cost are you (the dealer) willing to sell the vehicle over your cost? Not how much are you discounting it off of MSRP.
    It doesn't matter what the MSRP is, they can price it accordingly to what they add to it.
    Start with the how much over cost are they willing to sell at, then negotiate from there. Don't forget to ask for "what's in it for me?" i.e., what you throwing in? floor mats, tool box, tinted windows, free oil changes, grill guard, etc...
    Have a good time with the negotiation portion of the deal. Don't be afraid to bust the salesman's stones over the deal.

Comment

Whatever you do, when you go to the the dealership go live with a concealed camera, microphone, etc.

Comment

Looking to get one soon. Just started looking. Dealers don't seem too interested in making deals truck is in demand. Got all the time and not in a hurry.

Comment

Awesome trucks, you will be in heaven coming from a 3rd gen lol. I sold my 4th gen for my 17 KR, and wow this thing is just such a refined machine! My buddies call it the spaceship, and many have said its hands down the nicest vehicle they've ever been in. You feel like 1 million bucks driving it! Ordered late Dec, got in February. I get filmed on the highway almost every trip i take, not why i bought it, but i have driven some heavily modded trucks/cars that no one ever noticed. This truck stock gets more views than the modded vehicles ive driven.

Comment

Nobody else sporting a 17?

Comment

Everything looks good about them. Except. The note that comes with it.

Comment

Loving my 17 XLT

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                  Can someone explain what the A&Z Plan, D Plan and X Plan are? I've never heard of those before.
                  Supplier pricing. My employer provides raw materials to all the manufacturers, primarily plastics. I am eligible for X plan pricing. I think the A plan is a Fomoco employee pricing.

Comment

Surprised no one has let the tin can comments fly...Its a sharp looking truck. But for having a half ton body and using all aluminium, shocked they didn't shave off more weight. 700lbs on truck that size isn't much. You'd think they could have saved at least 10% in weight.

Anyone's insurance higher? A few people I know driving the aluminium fords reported a significant jump in insurance prices. Just know until there are more on the road repair costs will be higher and the likelihood of having one totaled out is greater. Even more so on the less expensive half tons.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                      That's my boy!

Too funny - all correct. Pm me and I can explain what worked for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
                        Surprised no one has let the tin can comments fly...Its a sharp looking truck. But for having a half ton body and using all aluminium, shocked they didn't shave off more weight. 700lbs on truck that size isn't much. You'd think they could have saved at least 10% in weight.

Anyone's insurance higher? A few people I know driving the aluminium fords reported a significant jump in insurance prices. Just know until there are more on the road repair costs will be higher and the likelihood of having one totaled out is greater. Even more so on the less expensive half tons.
                        Not sure why the half ton body is such a big deal... all my dodges have shared the half ton body, chevy does the same. As far as the tin can, maybe it is inferior, but for my purposes ill never have to worry about that. I wont be working out of this truck at all.... I have other vehicles I can work or play out of. Got a super duty because i like them and need something to tow some toys or move equipment a short distance.

No crazy insurance spikes here...

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
                          Supplier pricing. My employer provides raw materials to all the manufacturers, primarily plastics. I am eligible for X plan pricing. I think the A plan is a Fomoco employee pricing.

This - x and d plan are just %s off MSRP. If you give the dealer a pin - they can sell at a certain price and get some additional money back from FOMOCO.

Comment

And... no unexpected insurance spikes with the new truck.

Comment

Just picked this up Monday work model F250 CC LWB but has all the features you need. Mac Haik came off $13,000 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0256.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	24486649

Comment

Originally posted by Powertool1994 View Post
                                Just picked this up Monday work model F250 CC LWB but has all the features you need. Mac Haik came off $13,000 [ATTACH]844091[/ATTACH]

Gas or diesel? I'm looking for that exact truck but gasser model.

Comment

Working...
                                X