No announcement yet.

XD Hate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve only had one XD and I absolutely hated the way the gun recoiled seemed very top heavy if that makes since. I do however prefer the grip on the XD over glocks.

Comment

jelly

Comment

I am a Glock guy but only because I have a G22 with 6500 rounds through it. My issue with the XD is when they came out, they copied the original Glock torture tests. All that the advertisements told me was that they had succeded in building a gun as good as the 15 year old (at the time) Glock.

They may be great but I like the original.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
          I must have gotten the golden one. Mine (original full size 45) has a better trigger and outshoots both of my Kimber's every day of the week. It gets shot about once of month and I think I have cleaned it 3 times in the 8 years I have owned it. I don't make a living with a firearm anymore but I have absolute faith in this one.....that being said, it is the only one I have ever owned but it has thousands of rounds through it and has never failed to run 100%. I am about to retire it from EDC when my 43X gets here but I'm just tired of carrying a full size gun and a got a smoking deal on the G-gun.
          Same comments. Suppose I have one of the few very good ones.

Wife, son, and I shoot our XD better(as a whole) than any of the other 7 handguns we shoot. Been shooting it since '07

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
            I’ve only had one XD and I absolutely hated the way the gun recoiled seemed very top heavy if that makes since. I do however prefer the grip on the XD over glocks.
            Had one and liked it. Didn’t live it. But they’re absolutely top heavy in the slide.

Comment

I have an XD and an XDs and both work awesome. Never a problem. Had them about 5 years. BTW I was comparing the XDs and the Glock 9mm for consealed carry and the Glock mag hung every time I tried to drop it. The XDs worked perfectly every time.
              Last edited by TexasBear; 01-13-2020, 06:29 PM.

Comment

I’ve had Xd’s since the line first hit the market. I’ve currently have 3 and carry my XDS 9mm daily. I’ve got close to 1000 rounds through my 45 with zero issues from any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBear View Post
                  I have an XD and an XDs and both work awesome. Never a problem. Had them about 5 years. BTW I was comparing the XDs and the Glock 9mm for consealed carry and the Glock mag hung every time I tried to drop it. The XDs worked perfectly every time.
                  We call that the “Glock wiggle”

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
                  Same comments. Suppose I have one of the few very good ones.

Wife, son, and I shoot our XD better(as a whole) than any of the other 7 handguns we shoot. Been shooting it since '07
                  I’m not so sure that’s the minority...

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
                    x2. Springfield designed the pistol to compete with Glocks. They are not a better Glock. They came up short.
                    I don’t think Springfield designed or did anything to it other than buy a several year old pistol from Croatia.... that IMM Croatia finally got the bugs worked out.

Comment

Working...
                    X