Shotgun conundrum: Help me choose one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shotgun conundrum: Help me choose one

I have been looking for a good used Semi-auto 12 gauge. Today I came across 2 and want to hear some opinions.
    the gun will be used for busting clays and the occasional bird hunt.

The first is a Beretta A303 Upland. The gun is in good condition with only minor handling marks. It has the straight English style stock and is a nice looking shotgun. The price on it is $567 plus tax and background check.

The second is a Winchester SX3 with the gray finished barrel and receiver. It has a composite stock and fore end. This gun is exceptionally clean and I couldn't find a mark on it. The price before tax and BC check is $709.

From my research both are great guns, and both are priced reasonably. I wish I could afford both, but I can only buy one.

What say the green screen? I will be buying one or the other in the morning.

which ever shoulders better to you. sorry, not much help

Comment

I have a 391 and love it. I’ve heard the 303s are great as well. Hard to go wrong for that price.

Comment

Me personally the Beretta.

Sent from my iPhone using Dilly Dilly!

Comment

Another vote for the Beretta.

Comment

I'm a berretta man but at one time the winchester was the fastest cycling auto on the market. I love the 391 series never have shot the 303.
            goodluck

Comment

If I am not mistaken, the Beretta 303 was the predecessor to the 390, which then evolved into the 391 and now the A400. It is a great shooting gun, and I personally own 1, but the price seems a bit high. The roughly 30 year old 303 will cost you $600+ and you can get a brand new Beretta A300 for under $800. Just food for thought...

Comment

I see black berettas for 6- 650 on sale quite regularly.
                I am a berreta fan

Comment

Whichever shoulders better to you you’re gonna shoot better. Have to remember which I’m sure you already know a shotgun is basically an extension of your body, so whichever fits better is gonna shoot best for you, although you can modify the stocks to fit you perfect. I’d pick them both up and close your eyes and shoulder them and swing them like you would shooting and whichever matches your body and gives you the best cheek weld and sight picture is what I would go with.

Comment

Beretta, you will love how fast the english stock moves.

Comment

Berretta

Comment

The Winchester SX3 is priced to high IMO. You can get a new SX4 for a few dollars more.

Browse our Product 719017152 on BudsGunShop.com. Use our advanced product search tools to find exactly what you are looking for!

Can't comment on the value of the Beretta, but again, for your purposes you can get new Beretta A300 for about the same price.

Beretta's American-made A300 Outlander semi-automatic shotgun offers legendary Beretta performance, reliability, and worry-free operation. It has a 3" chamber, a r

Comment

I know you're liking at these two, but if I may I'd suggest you also look for an older Rem 1100. I have one that is an absolute dream to shoot and is by far the softest shooting auto I've tried. Mine cycles my wimpy 7/8oz reloads flying at 1150fps with ease. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Comment

I’d go Beretta.

Comment

Working...
                            X