Msma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Msma

Anyone know where I can get some? The dallisgrass has totally taken over my yard.

Solutions Pest & Lawn sells MSMA Target 6 Plus online.

Comment

Pretty much any feed store outside of the city.

Comment

Several years ago they changed the formula of MSMA. It doesn't work near as good as it used to.

Comment

How did they change it?

and I thought it was illegal in texas which is why I was asking where to get it. If anyone knows something to kill dallisgrass without killing my whole lawn I am open to suggestions!

Comment

Originally posted by Young gun 12 View Post
            How did they change it?

and I thought it was illegal in texas which is why I was asking where to get it. If anyone knows something to kill dallisgrass without killing my whole lawn I am open to suggestions!
            They changed a couple of the ingredients. The last that I got of the good stuff was in Tennessee where it was not outlawed. I've used it up though.

Comment

I ordered some online and it was shipped to my door last year. If you ever come by NW Fort Worth/Eagle Mountain Lake area ill give you some if you bring a container and funnel. You only need 2oz per gallon of water so the gallon jug I bought is a bit overkill.

Comment

MSMA is crap and will turn your lawn yellow without killing the targeted grass. I’ve been using Pastora on our turf fields and its amazing. Lawn stays pretty green also.

Comment

There is an actual store in Plano called DIY Pest and Weed Control on Spring Creek. They have it and will sell it but it's in a large quantity.
                  I'd go in with you if interested in buying some....

Comment

It is still available but doesn't work well till temps are higher. I think temps need to be in upper 80 during the day and over 75 at night.

Comment

They sale it on amazon or just Google it and there are plenty of places that sale it online and will have it to you in two days. As mentioned though it will not work until consistently in the 80s.

Comment

MSMA used to work great. I used a bunch of it over time until they quit selling it. My understanding is that it had arsenic in it which is obviously not good for the environment but it sure would kill the weeds without killing our bermuda grass. I guess the new formula doesn't have arsenic now. Maybe someone knows more than I do about it.

Comment

I bought a 2.5 gallon jug several weeks ago. The label still indicates arsenic as an active ingredient, but I was told that the percentage is significantly lower than it was historically.

I sprayed a little test area in my yard on 4/3, I think, and it killed only dandelions... had zero effect on anything else. I'll spray it again in a couple weeks.

Comment

"TRUE" MSMA was outlawed a few years ago.. The stuff they sell under MSMA today is not the original and is not nearly as effective..

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                              MSMA is crap and will turn your lawn yellow without killing the targeted grass. I’ve been using Pastora on our turf fields and its amazing. Lawn stays pretty green also.
                              I have Bermuda and some buffalo grass that I want to keep. I want to kill broadleafs and dallis grass/crab grass, etc.... Is Pastora good for that?

And do you need to use it with a surfactant?
                              Last edited by Shane; 04-13-2018, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X