Advise/Help relocating "shed"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I am changing up some things this year and moving off my old lease onto a new small lease all by myself.

One of the things I have been tossing around is whether or not to try and relocate my "mini hunting lodge" that build during the 6 year stint on my previous lease.

It is essentially a shed with a short front and back deck. The decks would be easy to remove (except the back one would be a little more work, but not bad.)

Everything was pretty much assembled with deck/structural screws so I figure I have 2 options.

Disassemble it all (a big pain and effort) or figure out how to relocate it assembled (at least the main 8'x8' section.

The move would be from the Boerne area to the Lulling area. I figure an utility trailer isn't going to cut it... so probably a wider flat bed. Can those be rented inexpensively? I think companies that deliver sheds, etc probably use winch with tilt trailers etc?

Anybody have experience doing this? Was it worth the hassle... any hidden costs? concerns?

Regular tandem axle car or flat bed utility trailer should haul that just fine. Jack up one side and back trailer up underneath it. Set it back down on a piece of 2” pipe and roll it on up or use come-along or winch to pull it up and on. Just make sure you have plenty of pipe for it to roll on. Strap it down good and take off. Reverse procedure to get it back off and set back down again.

Should be short enough that you wont need permits to move it. And just take it slow and easy. If you can have somebody follow behind you just to help keep an eye on it while your going down the road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by westtexducks; 04-02-2018, 09:54 AM.

Comment

yep flat bed and an elec winch

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
        Regular tandem axle car or flat bed utility trailer should haul that just fine. Jack up one side and back trailer up underneath it. Set it back down on a piece of 2” pipe and roll it on up or use come-along or winch to pull it up and on. Just make sure you have plenty of pipe for it to roll on. Strap it down good and take off. Reverse procedure to get it back off and set back down again.

Should be short enough that you wont need permits to move it. And just take it slow and easy. If you can have somebody follow behind you just to help keep an eye on it while your going down the road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        This^

I have a 10x6 foot cabin with the side of a pallet rack bolted to the bottom as a skid. The above description is exactly how I move it. I use 2 farm/handyman jacks for the lifting.

Comment

We don't need a winch for mine. Once its on a pipe a couple guys can push it up into the trailer using the pipe like an axle under it.

Comment

So tandem axle trailer.. it is 8' wide and less than 14' when loaded so should be good to go there. Needed to buy a highlift anyways, plus alot of blocking and a bottle jack and should be a fun day project. Just need to find a buddy with a trailer.

Comment

I think this one was 10’ wide...it’s sitting on my 102”x20+5 flatbed. I drilled holes through the skids and ran chain through it and formed a V...and pulled it with the 16.5t winch. This thing was very heavy. I had pipes underneath it, but they don’t do much good when the angles are funky as the thing negotiated the ramps/dove tail. Had to go online and get a 1day permit to haul it ...submitting the route we were going to take because of the height and width. I used floor jacks and hi-lifts and a bunch of cursing.

Comment

Working...
              X