Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magnus Journeyman broadheads?

Anyone have any?

I'm running out and cannot find them anywhere. I don't think Magnus made them for very long. They are basically the same head as the Eclipse, but they were black and made by Magnus.

Everything me or my son have ever shot with those died really, really quick. I was down to four until I shot a spike with one last year (he went 60 yards) and for some reason I still do not understand, I never found the arrow.

I came to prefer these heads over any other due to the results I saw with them, and how easy they are to file sharpen by hand.

If anyone has some laying around, I'd be interested. Thanks. Might post a pic of the ones I have left this evening.

Found a picture of one online. Here's what I'm looking for:
    Attached Files

Comment

I think I have some. Will let you know soon.

Doug Key

Comment

I'll check out my pile as well, let you know

Comment

I have a pile of them, how many do you need? I can't say for sure they are Journeyman but they look just like the one in the picture, mine are green and 125gr.

Comment

Caughtandhobble, I believe what you've got are some Zwickeys, and they also have killed a ton of critters over the years! They do look very similar though. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Yup Caught- those are the Zwickeys and they also work great. But these Magnus are just a little wider cut, and for me, easier to sharpen.

Thanks Split and Gatorgar.

Comment

Here is what I have.

I have 10 with a straight blade and 4 with the convex blade. If you want any or all of them let me know.

Sorry for the delay. I had company all weekend.

Doug Key
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks! I'll take the four with the convex blade. That's what I'm looking for.

Just let me know what I owe ya.

Comment

PM Me your address and I will ship them to ya. No charge. Just pay it forward at some future date.

Doug Key

Comment

Originally posted by splitfinger View Post
                      PM Me your address and I will ship them to ya. No charge. Just pay it forward at some future date.

Doug Key

You are a good man, Doug!

Bisch

Comment

Thanks Doug. PM on it's way.

Comment

I could definitely see how those convex heads are easier to file sharpen. The zwickeys are what I shoot and I like them' but they are slightly concave which seems to make it more work when filing.

Comment

Like I told Doug, it may be a total coincidence but every deer my son or I have shot with those Magnus journeyman style heads has gone down within 100 yards. After about 6 deer, I can't ignore that track record anymore.

The buck in my avatar was shot with one (that I also never found afterwards) - single lunged - and despite weighing over 200#, he went 80 yards and piled up. My son shot his first deer with one when he was 12 - out of a 40# compound. Passed completely through a 150# Illinois doe and stuck in the ground. She went 60 yards. Killed a spike with one on a cedar arrow last year at Somerville. He went 60 yards.

Maybe it's just good ju-ju, but whatever it is, I'm a believer in them.

Comment

On second thought with all of your confidence I think I will keep them.

Naw...Just kidding. They were mailed at 1:00 PM Priority and should be at your home on Wed. or Thurs. Hope they work out for ya.

Doug

Comment

Working...
                              X