No announcement yet.

General Season and Day Light Savings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My deer all opted out of daylight savings time.

Comment

This topic is like a train wreck, You just can't look away.

SMDH....

Comment

You should just get photocell units.....much simpler if setting the time back 1 hour is causing you this much greif

Comment

This is hilarious.

Comment

This is how poachers get started in their career. They're honest Hunters. They do everything by the book. But they forget to adjust their feeders for daylight savings time. They get out there an hour before dark. The big buck they've been following all year long comes in an hour early because he's confused. He's trying to eat in the dark. The hunter / poacher can't handle this big 278" buck eating corn with a confused look on his face. And he takes a shot that he shouldn't. Thank you US government for creating a whole new batch of poachers.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
              This is how poachers get started in their career. They're honest Hunters. They do everything by the book. But they forget to adjust their feeders for daylight savings time. They get out there an hour before dark. The big buck they've been following all year long comes in an hour early because he's confused. He's trying to eat in the dark. The hunter / poacher can't handle this big 278" buck eating corn with a confused look on his face. And he takes a shot that he shouldn't. Thank you US government for creating a whole new batch of poachers.
              Chew for the win!!!

Comment

Orrrr, what you could do is get a wrist watch just for deer season and leave it at the ranch.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Comment

We leave our timers alone. They will be going off at the same time of day in relation to sun up and sundown as they were all summer. The deer don't abide by daylight savings time at our place We might change them when we fill the feeders the next time if the feed times need to be adjusted.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                    Photo cell feeders for Dummies is the ticket for this situation
                    Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                    You should just get photocell units.....much simpler if setting the time back 1 hour is causing you this much greif
                    These things are a scam targeting hard working hunters. Deer are not smart enough to know that the feeder will go off with the phases of the sun. They need to know that food will be there at a certain time!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by Muskles; 09-12-2018, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                      Well if the deer follow the GS and know when we are in the stand... [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]
                      I think we're onto something here, NJ. We need to have the mods not adjust the green screen for daylight savings time. It's brilliant!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

really!!! us yankees don't use feeders, we have fields of corn. asking the green screen what should i do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by cactusassjohn View Post
                          really!!! us yankees don't use feeders, we have fields of corn. asking the green screen what should i do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO
                          You need to get with your local elected officials and have them change what time the some comes up and goes down. If you can't change the feeder time you have to change the sun.....only way I see to handle it.

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
                            i agree. What’s the explanation? Just change them saturday evening after you hunt. Done
                            boom

Comment

Soooo, what would happen Sunday morning if I don't change my feeder time? Assuming it goes off right before daylight on Saturday?
                              Since the time moves back one hour , do I need to feed at 6:00 or 8:00?
                              Not a big deal as I sometimes have the am or pm messed up anyway.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cactusassjohn View Post
                                News Flash:

A standing/cut field of corn, beans, wheat or anything else deer will eat IS THE SAME AS HUNTING A FEEDER, here in Texas.....

Comment

Working...
                                X