Hurricane in Houston?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    Ain't just the weather. Lady luck is kicking my ace!

I rode to Biloxi to fish two weeks before Alberto only to have the generator on the head boat take a dump. We turned around and drove home. Never left the dock.

Now bud is prolly gonna kill fishin in cabo. They say bad things happen in 3s so maybe that means i can break 150 on a deer this year. I mean I been knocking on the 150 door awhile

Can't get any worse right?
    Yea, I sure hope you're done with causing cancelled trips before October sets in!!

Comment

Originally posted by IvoryRoot View Post
      What were the websites that gave the model tracks?
      Hurricane Spaghetti Models, Spaghetti Charts, Tropical Forecast, Hurricane Charts, Models, Tropical Update

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        Yea, I sure hope you're done with causing cancelled trips before October sets in!!
        You have my word that I'll never ask again if that happens I'll give up those islands for life

Comment

Now tagged as Invest91L. Should get a bit more guidance with the additional models that will start to run. Some persistent convection firing off, but with the lack of much model support for much development, I still don't think this is much more than a rain maker for us.

Comment

We sure need the rain up this way.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
              Yep, I decided to not cancel our bay home. I'm thinking this rain wont hurt me fishing the lights at night too much.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
              Night bite hasn’t been great around Sabine the last week or so

Comment

In for the updates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ccbluewater View Post
                  Now tagged as Invest91L. Should get a bit more guidance with the additional models that will start to run. Some persistent convection firing off, but with the lack of much model support for much development, I still don't think this is much more than a rain maker for us.
                  Harvey rain maker, or just rain?

Comment

I don't see anything that would lead me to believe this will be remotely anything like what we saw with Harvey.

Thursday we should have a good idea of what to expect rain amounts wise, but I've seen 2-5" widespread being mentioned as a good baseline to look for. I would welcome that here in Cypress.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't see anything that would lead me to believe this will be remotely anything like what we saw with Harvey.

Thursday we should have a good idea of what to expect rain amounts wise, but I've seen 2-5" widespread being mentioned as a good baseline to look for. I would welcome that here in Cypress.

Supposed to fish out of Venice on Sunday, what are the odds this might affect that?

Comment

I don't wish any damage to anyone's property, but my place is getting so dry we need at least some tropical storm type rain to fill the tanks again

Comment

Originally posted by txbownoob View Post
                          I don't wish any damage to anyone's property, but my place is getting so dry we need at least some tropical storm type rain to fill the tanks again
                          Agree with you on that.

Comment

Are you thinking 2-5” in an hour or 2-5” spread over 2 days?

Comment

Originally posted by super_dave View Post
                              Supposed to fish out of Venice on Sunday, what are the odds this might affect that?
                              Rain possible, but I wouldn't be worried about it based off current projections. Should be far enough east. If fishing offshore, seas may bump up a bit starting Saturday. Depending on your trip I'd be more worried about the seas at this point in time than anything.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                                Are you thinking 2-5” in an hour or 2-5” spread over 2 days?

For the entire event. However, tropical air masses are hard to predict where & how storms may set up and train over the same areas,which leads to isolated spots with much higher totals. Storms can also converge off the coast, and kill the inflow into storms inland limiting rain totals. Should have a better idea Thursday. Models still back & forth on rainfall.

Comment

Working...
                                X