Bow/rifle box blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow/rifle box blind

This all all new to me ( blinds and feeders), as I've been hunting bow only public land the last decade.

Recently got a lease in Erath county ( about 10 miles south of New York hill down the little county road that runs next to it).

Got a feeder pen set up and tons of critters are coming in. Planted the clearing from the feeder pen to the tree line behind it and also about 3/4 acre in the clearing right behind the trees. So the plan is to set this up on an 8 ft platform right in the hole in these trees you can see directly behind the gate in the pen.

Since I have a plot planted in front of me and behind me I wanted a bow window in the front and back.

Now bear with me... I lack many construction and building skills. Planning to make it modular and put it all together out there so I can haul it in the bed of my pickup.

Got the base built, 4 sides, windows and door cut. Have deerview windows ordered. Will do the roof and paint in the next couple days and possibly go install it this weekend.
    Still need to pickup some elevator brackets and 4x4 post.

Here's progress so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgot to mention the measurements. 6ft long, 5ft3" wide, and 6ft 3 " tall.

Comment

In for the finished product.

Comment

Threw a coat of paint on it and will break it up a little with some limbs tomorrow.

Coated the roof with rubber spray and will cover it in tin tomorrow. Hoping to have it finished and delivered on Sunday.

Comment

Looks good so far
          In for the follow up pics

Comment

If you want it to last,you better pour the paint to the outside. The sun and weather will cause that wood to eliminate really fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Winman View Post
              If you want it to last,you better pour the paint to the outside. The sun and weather will cause that wood to eliminate really fast.
              The entire thing will be sprayed with a clear rubber sealant once it's in place. It also going into fully shaded area. Think that will be fine?

Comment

Lookin good !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Winman View Post
                  I really like his design but I tend to agree with you. All it takes is one piece off the particle board for it to demolish. I built one, painted it and sure enough it did not hold up. I hope yours does

Comment

Got it loaded up , delivered and assembled. Will lift it 6-8 ft in the coming weeks .

Comment

What size is your middle window?

Comment

Originally posted by gmac View Post
                        What size is your middle window?

36x10

Comment

That's a sweet build buddy.

Comment

That looks good
                            Post your results when you get to try it out later

Comment

Originally posted by ReydonPete View Post
                              That looks good
                              Post your results when you get to try it out later

Shoulda hung around longer today. The pigs and turkey don't mind it a bit.

Comment

Working...
                              X