No announcement yet.

My brother's in New Zealand Stag hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its the middle of the night in NZ now (Almost 1AM). Can't wait to hear the details.

Comment

Congrats to your brother cant wait to see some pics

Comment

Still no pics. Jerry did send an email with specifics. 22 points. 387 5/8. I also know he got it with a 3 blade Rage, 60 lb Allegiance, and maxima 350 arrow. Yardage or other specifics will have to wait. They also said they misjudged it by 30 inches. He may be broke now. LOL

Comment

Cant wait to see this beast!

Comment

Congrats to your brother....NZ is on my list.

Comment

How much does a trip like that cost?

Comment

Wow! Can't wait to see the pics and here the story.

Comment

Congrats to him. New Zealand is cool, especially the South Island.

Comment

wow.....sounds like a great hunt.....can't wait to see the pics

Comment

Originally posted by TENRMORE View Post
                      How much does a trip like that cost?
                      For a 387" stag the answer is alot. I know that I worked a deal with the guy that HuntForHorns and I were trying to book with and the best I could do was a stag up to 340" for $4,900. That was a 3 day hunt in a nice lodge and included my wife coming along as a non-hunter. Flights to NZ can be found pretty easily for $800 or so depending on what your final destination is. I figured that by the time I paid to fly over, paid for the hunt, spent a couple of days after the hunt and shipped my cape and horns home it was going to cost me at least $8,000 plus taxidermy. That was keeping it all on a pretty tight string money wise. All in all I really figured it would end up costing me $10,000 including taxidermy for a 340" or smaller stag. Prices increase quickly when you start getting into bigger stag.

Comment

I also have to point out that the outfitter that we were looking at had a very nice lodge which was important to me as I was planning on taking the wife along. I am sure that you could rough it a little bit more and knock off a little bit but it seems like they are all around the same price.

Comment

Congrats to your brother. Can't wait for the story and the pics.

Comment

Looking forward to the pics. NZ Redstag is my dream hunt!! Thanks for sharing TD!

Comment

Just got off the phone with Bobby. Wanted to make sure we got the protein for the Junco ordered. Didn't talk but just a second. He's after a fallow now. He said his was a monster. He said Jerry's look like a prehistoric monster and may be the new no. 2 archery stag. He said when they get a chance, they'll send pics. Personally, I can't wait. If he doesn't send pics pretty quickly, I may have to fly over there and kick his hiney. I guess I'd take my bow. LOL

Comment

Thanks for the break down on the price...I have that trip on the list but it may be after Africa...and Alaska...

The bucket list that is...Hopefully I have a while...Hopefully we all have a while...

Comment

Working...
                                X