Rita Blanca Grasslands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rita Blanca Grasslands

For anyone with Rita Blanca experience; I have a thread over in the Campfire titled "Rookie Rita Blanca Pronghorn tag holder" that might have been better here. The responses have been great, but I am hoping I might run across someone with semi-recent awareness and particular unit recommendations within the Rita Blanca for locating the pronghorn densities more quickly.

Thanks!

Hank

I don't think you will find anybody that has hunted there. You are one of the very few that has ever drawn that tag. Shouldn't have a problem killing one. And a big one at that.

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

Thanks Koplin10. I am still working on my 15 post minimum to be able to reply to PMs....

Comment

My dad got drawn for the Pronghorn hunt last year. He was successful enough and harvested one.

Comment

I drew there several years ago. Camped at the Thompson Grove picnic area. No hookups, just shade trees, picnic tables and a cement crapper. I'm guessing they sent you a map of accessible hunting areas. Did a bit of driving around the first day to get oriented and on my way back to the camper, saw a herd of speed goats in the same pasture that the campgrounds were in. Pulled in to the campground and grabbed my gun....about a 2 hr stalk later, I had a nice one on the ground. Didn't have a rangefinder and guessing distance is tough out there. 335 long and excited steps to where he was laying! Thought I was gonna have my first heart attack! Prolly a mile back to my truck but was able to drive right up to him. Have fun, and take something to shoot prairie dogs with in case you tag out early! Good luck!

Comment

Thanks all. Looking forward to it

Comment

Thanks to all for the information. I was successful in harvesting a buck. See the full report on my related thread: Rookie Rita Blanca tag holder

here:

Thanks,

Hank

Comment

Working...
                X