What broadheads have you used?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What broadheads have you used?

Just curious how many broadheads people have been through in their lives. I'll start off with a list of the ones I've used / tried / can remember

I started in 2002 - First time shooting broadheads / hunting deer:

Compound Bows:
    1) Gold Tip mechanicals - I got a pack "free" with a purchase of a dozen GT5575's.
    2) Muzzy 3 blade 100 grain
    3) Sonic Broadheads (free test pack of 2)
    4) Rocket Steelhead 100 grain
    5) Muzzy 3 blade 125 grain
    6) NAP RazorCap 125 grain
    7) Montec 100 grain
    8) Montec CS 100 grain
    9) Slick Trick Standard 100 grain

Recurve Bows:
    1) Wensel Woodsman glue on 125 grain
    2) Wensel Woodsman screw in 125 grain
    3) Zwickey 2 blade
    4) Magnus Snuffer 125 grain
    5) NAP RazorCap 125 grain

Longbow:
    1) NAP RazorCap 125 grain

Crossbow:
    1) NAP RazorCap 150 grain
    2) Slick Trick XBow 150 grain

All the best,
    Glenn
    Last edited by cajuntec; 11-07-2015, 09:52 PM.

Recurve--Bear Razorhead only

Compound--
    Razorheads
    Wasp 3-blade, 4-blade, 6-blade
    Black Diamond Delta 4-blade
    Black Diamond Eskimo 4-blade
    Satellite--hogs only

Comment

My list isn't as long as yours but I've used,
      Muzzy 3 blade
      Monetec
      Hellrazor
      Slick trick magnums
      Slick trick x bow
      Magnus buzzcuts
      Nap spitfire
      Nap thunderheads
      That's all of them I think

Comment

Ahh! I forgot about my crossbow. Added them to my original post.
        All the best,
        Glenn

Comment

Satalite
          Razorheads
          Thunderheads 85, 125, 160
          Spitfire 125
          Muzzy 100, 125
          Zewicky Delta, Eskimo
          Snuffer
          Wasp 125
          Rocket sidewinder 125
          Sonic
          Vortex
          Silver flame 175, 150, 125
          Rocky mountain 150, 125
          I'm sure there are a few more that i have forgotten about in the past 30 yrs

Posted from Texasbowhunter.com App for Android

Comment

Rage'n will add two pages to this thread, lol!! As for me..
            1. Rage 2 blade -100gr killed stuff just not all recovered
            2. Swacker 2" -100gr killed my first buck with this one. Great head and durable!
            3. Xecutioner- 100gr deadly broadhead here. Looked like a massacre where I shot my buck last year.
            4. Last but not least RAMCATS!!!!! The best penetrating broadhead on the market! Lots of critters are dead because of them! I will replace blades for the time being.

Comment

Old 2 blade rage, Rage hypo, Rage extreme, slick trick standard, slick trick magnjm, g5 montec, g5 t3, solid, magnus buzzcut, magnus stinger, carbon express f15, reign, bps gator, Rage titanium, ramcat, and few others just can't remember them all.

Comment

I have tried too many to list. Ones I stuck with for long periods:
                1. Zwickey eskimos
                2. Muzzy 3 blade
                3. Magnus stingers
                4. Rage extremes

Comment

No idea. After starting to bowhunt in 1972, my mind has lost a lot of memory as to what heads I have used. There are probably a few years when I used 6 to 8 different heads in a single season, (easier to do when you own a shop).

Comment

I bought a pack of Rage Hypodermics 100gr on Friday night. Laid a big Kansas doe down this morning. These are new broad heads. I've shot Rage's for years and these are built the best IMO.

Comment

So far I've used

Shuttle T's

Muzzy 3 blade

Muzzy 4 blade

Slick Trick mags

Montec g5's

Will be trying the rage hypo's next

Comment

Original rage 3 blades (not happy about those)
                        Swhackers
                        Slick trick vipers

Comment

Wendell woodsman- hard to sharpen.
                          Snuffed- same as above and poor penetration.
                          Simmons sharks- extremely poor penetration
                          Zwickey delta, Eskimo, no-mercy. Will probably go back to these.
                          Magnus 2 blades - same as Zwickau but softer steel. Stick with Zwickey.
                          Abowyer- my go to trad head. Tough head and scary sharp.
                          Magnus stinger - good head but always bent, was scared what would happen if I hit a leg or scapula.
                          Magnus black hornet- entered as. 4 blade on ribs came apart and came out as a 2 blade. Was very disappointed thought this was my new head.
                          Thunderhead - weak head.
                          Slicktrick razor tricks back to my go to compound head.
                          Probably a few I forgot.

Want to try muzzy mx coc head.

Comment

Oh gosh. Wow. I haven't actually thought of this til now. Sad part is I only started bowhunting in 2010!

1. NAP Hellrazor - first bow kill came with an Excalibur Equinox crossbow and a hellrazor that I put through a hog lengthwise at 10 yds. Switched to a compound after that.
                            2. Redfeather Archery Phoenix - loved the head, couldnt sharpen it to save my life
                            3. Redfeather Archery Razor Hawk - killed a few hogs with it, didn't like the 2 blade style bloodtrails
                            4. NAP 2 Blade Bloodrunner - Shot the biggest buck of my life with one, but these things are as fragile as a 92 yr old lady's hip.
                            5. Swhackers - put one in a hog's shoulder and saw my arrow stop immediately. No blood. Never found the hog. Switched back to the razor hawks after that.
                            6. Ramcat 100gr with a 125gr blades - killed a buck in 2013 and 2014 with those, along with a few hogs. I love them but I hate the hassle they are in a Tightspot Quiver
                            7. Grim Reaper 1 3/8 125gr - shot a hog with these a few weeks back. Broke a blade on the ribs. She weighed 120 dressed. Wasn't real impressed with a $40 a pack broadhead breaking a blade so I looked elsewhere.
                            7. Slick Trick Magnum 125s - only killed a spike with them this year so far. I do have them flying like darts though.
                            8. (Possible Future) Antler Insanity 125gr Hybrids - Will prolly use them for turkey. The main blade was not very sharp but the expandable blades were very sharp. I don't know how the long aluminum ferrule will fare vs hogs or deer shoulders.

Theres a few others I've dabbled with here and there but those are the main ones!

Comment

Just shot my first doe with nap sling blades. For the price they are awesome. Orders them for 23.99. Flew like a field point and made almost two inch cuts on a pass through.

Comment

Working...
                              X