Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
    Howdy all.

Enewman...any particular reason you cut insert end and not nock?

Fergeris...for trimming...do you use a store bought rig or self made?

Thanks.
    When I build my arrows I cut the insert end only so the sticker on the arrow is in the same place compaired to the fletchings. Only for looks.

When I bare shaft tune. My test arrow to find the lenth that flies the best. I turn it around. And glue the insert in the knoc end. And trim from the other. This is only so as I cut the arrow for tuning I do not get into the sticker. That way when done I can fletch that arrow and the fletchings won't be on the sticker. Then I leave that arrow home cause it dosent match the others.

Basically it means nothing. It's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
      Howdy all.

Enewman...any particular reason you cut insert end and not nock?

Fergeris...for trimming...do you use a store bought rig or self made?

Thanks.
      I'm just using a small air grinder lol. I'm hoping to have my archery room built next year an buy a good arrow saw. But for now I use that then use a g5 squaring tool

Comment

Originally posted by Fergeris View Post
        I'm just using a small air grinder lol. I'm hoping to have my archery room built next year an buy a good arrow saw. But for now I use that then use a g5 squaring tool
        Dremel here and then a G5....its all good

Comment

For the original spine of the arrow question- John Dudley made a video proving that carbon express were stiffer in the back was bs pretty interesting video

Comment

Interesting points, don't cut many arrows, but a heck of a lot of graphite golf shafts. Several manufacturers of golf shafts also make arrow shafts. With golf shafts I cut both ends. The nock end would be the butt end for me. I use that to get final length, or use butt end to counter balance. I think more important than which end to cut is the spine or where the seam is. Not my 2 cents but 1 cent view.

Comment

Originally posted by pure lefty View Post
              Interesting points, don't cut many arrows, but a heck of a lot of graphite golf shafts. Several manufacturers of golf shafts also make arrow shafts. With golf shafts I cut both ends. The nock end would be the butt end for me. I use that to get final length, or use butt end to counter balance. I think more important than which end to cut is the spine or where the seam is. Not my 2 cents but 1 cent view.
              I agree with you the spine is the most important I'm learning thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Fergeris View Post
                I agree with you the spine is the most important I'm learning thanks
                Absolutely. The consistency of the spine is the most important aspect when choosing arrows. Then for me it is straightness and then weight variation in that order.

Comment

Working...
                X