random pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

random pics

I've been going through videos, TC pics, and camera pics, organizing my pics to burn CD's and DVD's and thought I'd post some random pics from the year.

Coon patrol. After our hunts on the Junco, we like to patrol the protein feeders and .17 coons. That's my middle brother and I. (I used .17 as a verb in this instance.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	coon patrol.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	24753346

Ground Blind hunting attire. Black abscent when it's warm. Add black fleece when it's cold. Pack with book, drinks, corn, tripod, etc. Fanny pack with camera pouch on the left. Rangefiner on the right. Hip Quiver on Buddy-Lok on the right. Buck Bombs, clippers, saw, knife, and whatever else will fit in the rear pouches. Right pouch has necessary paper and the like. Left pouch has string and tie wraps. Oh, and lest I forget, my 82nd, one killin' machine.

Name:	ground blind attire.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	24753345

We got a new place last year. Supposedly no livestock because the fences were so bad. Well, early season, the livestock man dumped these lovely critters on the place. Sheep, horses, cows. I hate them all.

Name:	I hate sheep.jpg
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	24753344

We have had heck with these things on the Junco with any round PIR camera. He's probably thinking about pecking my camera here, but it's a stealth with the rectangular PIR. He kept his peck..ing to himself.

Name:	woodpecker.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	24753347

Don't know who this guy is. Was around my feeder twice over two months. I HAD a good close up of him on the feeder camera, but in my excitement, I either deleted it or misfiled it. It's like he's posing, or wondering what that contraption is. He didn't know he was being photographed twice. Our landownder hasn't figured out who he is. Pistol in the pocket also.

Name:	stranger.jpg
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	24753355

Name:	stranger2.jpg
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	24753356

Name:	stranger3.jpg
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	24753357

After this season, I don't have any deer that I figure I'll want to hunt next year. May be a couple years before a few of our young bucks get to the point that I want one of them. That's in San Angelo. However, you never know. We had these two surprises show up late in the year. Both got a gasp.

This one showed up out of nowhere at Dog's feeder. We think he's a 9 with drops. Can't reallyl tell if he has a right G4 in the other pics.

Name:	Dogs drop tine.jpg
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	24753358

I had my camera on my protein feeder, lamenting the fact that all the bucks are too young and then I get THIS pic. Gives me hope. Looks like a little drop possibility on the left. Long tines. This is my only pic.

Name:	Protein surprise 08rs.jpg
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	24753359

More pics later

Nice pics...
    Watch that Bird watcher...he's armed!

Comment

Cool pics.

Comment

Thanks for sharing ole wise one.

>E

Comment

nice deer

Comment

interesting pics, wonder were the man came from, always feels weird when someone you don't know is wondering arounld huh.

Comment

nice pics. thanks for sharing.

Comment

Tuthdoc,

Do you think the buck bombs work. I got some hog bombs and thought I would try them, and to be honest they haven't worked a lick. Do you set the entire can off, or spray them intermitantly (sp).

Comment

LOL, aironeout

how about some culls?

Name:	DSC01645.JPG
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	23869090

Name:	DSC01433.JPG
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	23869091

Name:	DSC01463.JPG
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	23869092

Name:	DSC01491.JPG
Size:	150.8 KB
ID:	23869093

Name:	DSC01538.JPG
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	23869094

Name:	DSC01595.JPG
Size:	144.4 KB
ID:	23869095

Name:	Xtra PT bk.JPG
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	23869096

Name:	Windmill cull rs.jpg
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	23869097

Comment

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Thanks for the pics.

Comment

Keep them coming!

Comment

Depends on what you want them to do. If you want them to lure deer in, then I don't really think anything really works, at least not most of the time. If you want them to "cover" scent and to give them something to smell when they're in front of you, then I think they work very well.

I use the Hog Bomb corn scent a lot. I get in my stand and spray the walls of my ground blinds or netting of my towers and tripods. I use it just like I use the corn gel or other corn scents that I've used in the past. It's just the bomb is easier to use and I think it dispurses the scent better.

Here's an experience that I had with the Hog Bomb this season. When I started hunting Lucky 2 away from my feeder to get away from the cows, I went to my Dry Pond tower. I've posted pics of the layout in the past. It's a natural pathway for the deer. Pictures can be seen in several of my threads. I had corned the night before and when I got to my tower to hunt the next day, the corn was untouched and I only had 2 pics on my cam. Both of them were of me. I sat until after sunrise with no deer. I hadn't sprayed the bombs that morning, so I decided, what the heck. Can't hurt. I pulled out the Hog Bomb and sprayed a liberal amount around me. Wind was blowing in my face. I sat down and continued the vigil. Within 10 to 15 minutes, I had 7 or 8 bucks and 4 or 5 does in front of me. They all came from downwind where the bomb had dispersed. They all walked right by my tower and they all went to the corn. I really believe they smelled the bomb, put nose to wind, and came in because of it.

The estrus and p bombs I use the same way, but expect cover from them. Code Blue estrus gel is another of my favorite scents. I've had evidence of them likeing it. They lick and slobber. It's concentrated, while the bomb disperses.

I keep several cans of each in my pack. You know me, I don't play the wind. Anything to take up space on their olfactory sensers helps.

Comment

These pics should bring back nightmare memories for Mailman. He had this buck at my Killin' Tree ready to whack, then a calf walked under my barbed wire and scared him off. The buck walked back and forth behind the pen waiting for the calf to leave, which he never did. Result was that Matt didn't get the deer and about 5 days later, I did. LOL 158+

Name:	DSC01326.JPG
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	23869112

Name:	DSC01327.JPG
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	23869113

Name:	DSC01330.JPG
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	23869114

Name:	DSC01331.JPG
Size:	149.8 KB
ID:	23869115

Name:	DSC01332.JPG
Size:	145.6 KB
ID:	23869116

Comment

Keep em coming!
                              You need a wheel-barrel for all that stuff you bring. Good gosh that's a ton of stuff! Good thing you are a Deer-killer, or else I'd have to make fun of you!

Comment

Working...
                              X