No announcement yet.

Gravy Recipe??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't get betwixt me an my gr..gr..gr..gr..gravy!

Comment

Redneck method

If you are a redneck like me there are no wisks at the deer camp. So I improvise & use a small mason jar with the flour & a little of the liquid(water, or milk) shake it up till there are no lumps & proceed in your regular gravy process.

Something I had in Louisiana that was different was [I]tomato gravy[I] they said you use tomato juice for the liquid. It was good with biscuits & eggs. I'm not sure how it would be with other foods.

Garry

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        Don't get betwixt me an my gr..gr..gr..gr..gravy!
        Disclaimer:
        "Betwixt", "twicet" and "onect" are all registered trademarks of "Joey~AP", "ArrowPilot", "AP", "Momma ArrowPilot", "Momma AP", "Codeman" or any member of a clique, associated with said ownership. Any use of "betwixt", "twicet" or "oncet" without expressed permission is strictly prohibited and may be punishible under any Act of Parliament by a maximum term of imprisonment of less than ten years, other than an offence designated as a contravention under the Contraventions Act.
        Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
        l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
        ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

The key to no lumps in any gravy, is to make sure all of your flour is coated with the grease before you add the milk (or water, or God forbid...tomatoe juice). No whisk needed if you do this.

Comment

You go Dale. I have had tomato gravy also, pretty good stuff with cathead biscuits, sausage, ham, bacon, steak, eggs, and pancakes. Oh yeah, and some sure nuf good ole sawmill gravy, with just a pinch of sawdust.

Comment

Comanchehunter is right on. I learned that a long time ago from my mom. First time I tried to make gravy it was aweful. Make it all the time now and never a lump and only stir with a fork. If you use water then use hot water, seems to heat back to a boil faster. Ohhh and if white gravy it has to have alot of pepper.
              Last edited by switchback; 01-15-2007, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Ya'll ever heard of hill country fare???? just make the gravy when nobody is looking and burn evidence!!!!! Seriously, the $0.50 packets of brown gravy are real good.

Comment

Working...
                X