Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone else hate squirrels while deer hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone else hate squirrels while deer hunting?

Has anyone ever been deer hunting and you hear something running through the woods and you think it is a deer or a pig and a squirrel comes out and your heart sinks. Or the squirrels are in the same tree as you making you mad.

Yep thats why I carry a couple of judo points in my quiver

Comment

Yup it's also squirrel season. If I have some annoying squirrels hanging around towards the end of my morning hunt they better watch out.

Let's do work son!!

Comment

i always hate squirrels

Comment

I always carry a bb pistol in my pack just for this..

Comment

nope, I don't hate them. They let me know when deer are traveling through the area.

I get a little amusement from them and keeps things lively around me.

Comment

Originally posted by buckmastertexas View Post
              nope, I don't hate them. They let me know when deer are traveling through the area.

Normally alert me that something is coming by the stand.

Comment

I love it when I have squirrels in the area - they always let me know when something is moving near me - On our elk hunt in Sep Elk would show up at the water hole without fail within 10 minutes of a squirrel sounding off within 100 yards of us.

Comment

Try having about 20 running around in the trees above you, they drive me nuts how am I supposed to have a nice relaxing hunt with them making all that noise! And yes this has happened every hunt so far!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnS View Post
                    Try having about 20 running around in the trees above you, they drive me nuts how am I supposed to have a nice relaxing hunt with them making all that noise! And yes this has happened every hunt so far!
                    same here i had one on the limb right next to my head and he almost made me fall out of my stand thank goodness for my safety harness.

Comment

Originally posted by firedavis View Post
                      Normally alert me that something is coming by the stand.
                      I like watching them fight over corn. They get a pass until I catch them sitting on top of feeder motor, eating off of the spinner plate.

Comment

The way I look at it, I like them up there in the tree with me. The deer are used to the noise from the squirrels, so if I make a noise or movement, maybe they won't notice me as much.

Sent from my Samsung Captivate using Tapatalk.

Comment

Originally posted by ZachW View Post
                          same here i had one on the limb right next to my head and he almost made me fall out of my stand thank goodness for my safety harness.
                          I've only had one do that when I was half asleep in the stand and I guess I moved and he went nuts! Scared the s+++ out of me. Needlless to say I didn't hunt deer the rest of the day I shot every squirrel I seen out of spite!!

Comment

Armadillos are the worst!

Comment

This, I enjoy watching the tree rats as well, mobile alarm system.

Comment

Working...
                              X