Luminant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luminant

I went to Luminant last Sat when the front came thru and there was no one out there on the east side from 1:30 until 5:30. I thought, man everyone must hunt the west side. I was wrong!!!! We got there about 2:30pm on Sat and there was about 15 trucks parked at the end of the road right where we had picked out a spot. Should have known better. LOL My son and I went back up toward the entrance and hunted. A guy pulled up as we were starting to walk in so I asked if he had a blind down there. He said he did that morning but was going to walking in and put up a hang on blind further in, I thanked him for the info and off we were. My son got his first blood on a raccoon at 30yds right at dark, other than that we didn't see anything. The neighbors were having a big target shoot 30 min before dark that or maybe they were getting attacted by a army of squirrels......We had a good time and learned a lot.

In Robertson County?

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
      In Robertson County?
      Yes, we were on the FM937 side north of HWY 7. I talked to one guy Sunday noon and he said that the road off of HWY 7 was real rough and washed out in places. We might check it out next time.

Comment

Be extra careful if you enter through the western entrance gate because parking area road is real steep and rutted.

Comment

didnt know it was huntable..... any particular permits or anything?

Comment

Just the APH

Comment

The next 2 weekends I have family duty, so maybe we will be out there on the 23rd.

Comment

100% Have you had any luck out there?

Comment

Originally posted by 05 gray ghost View Post
                  100% Have you had any luck out there?
                  I only hunted there a few times last year. On one hunt, I set up a ground blind and got busted by a good sized spike late in the season. If you can hunt there during the week, your chances will improve significantly simply because there will be fewer hunters.

Good luck, post up your LDPs.

Comment

My son wants to take his bowhunter Ed class and there is one in Athens, so we may check this place out on the way home and see what it looks like this year. Anyone been out there lately?

Comment

Anybody hunt Luminant in Robertson Co. this year?

Comment

Working...
                      X