Montana Whitetail Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Montana Whitetail Hunting

Just curious if anyone has any interest in or has ever hunted whitetail in Montana? I'm helping a friend check trail cameras and there are some TOADS!!! Saw a great velvet 12 pt that got killed yesterday, along with another guy that wounded a double drop 10 pt. The bottom country around here is incredible. I've probably seen 5-600 deer

Would love to hunt there someday.

Comment

Where you at? I got some family that farms around Hamilton, MT but have never been up there hunting.

Comment

Whitehall and Cardwell, all farm country down low but where the bottom runs through there are deer everywhere

Comment

My Dad bought a farm in Montana that is 80% alfalfa and has a year round creek that runs through it. He’s had it for about five years and I’ve never been there. I’d love to hunt whitetail there, but have no idea how to go about it (I know, google it). I stay extremely busy during TX deer season, so that’s been my excuse. Any insight would be appreciated.

Comment

Share some pics if you can...

I’m wanting to go after whitetail around the powder river area within the next few years, my girlfriends parents are from there so I have a the hook up for private and limited entry public land.

Comment

Originally posted by EZ-10RANCH View Post
              My Dad bought a farm in Montana that is 80% alfalfa and has a year round creek that runs through it. He’s had it for about five years and I’ve never been there. I’d love to hunt whitetail there, but have no idea how to go about it (I know, google it). I stay extremely busy during TX deer season, so that’s been my excuse. Any insight would be appreciated.

It's a draw tag but if you buy the $30 preference point this year and you put in with the pref point option next year you are pretty much guaranteed to draw a general tag. The season starts sept 1st so it doesn't touch Texas deer season

Comment

Buck he guided last year

Comment

id be interested. shoot me some pricing and direction....

Comment

I thought it was illegal to run game cameras in Montana??

Comment

Looks interesting.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                        I thought it was illegal to run game cameras in Montana??

It is for sure during season. Unsure about before or after.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntingw View Post
                          It is for sure during season. Unsure about before or after.

You can run them before season I just looked!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep became legal last year.

Comment

You have provided some good insight. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X