4473 Paperwork tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4473 Paperwork tip

I recently bought a gun and at the time of my initial attempt, my approval was delayed. I am not a CHL holder.

I received the call that my approval had come through 4-5 days later. I went and picked it up today, and while I was there it was brought to my attention that I had left "Drive" off of my address.

Typically, I have not had any trouble getting approved and was a little surprised that I was this time.

Who knows what the delay was really about but perhaps it had something to do with the discrepancy/omission on my address.

I am posting this just to encourage anyone getting ready to buy a gun to make sure that your address on the 4473 matches exactly with your driver's license, and hopefully avoid a delay. I was told that the feds are really getting particular about these little things.

Good luck shooting birds tomorrow.

Courtney

Your FFL should have caught that when they made a copy of your DL/ID and matched it up with your 4473. Seems like a silly reason to be delayed but we are talking about the government. From my experience, the folks who get delayed will get delayed every time, so if that was the first time for you then maybe the Drive did make the difference.

Comment

Hmm maybe never heard of that.

Your FFL was just guessing why you got delayed. They don't tell us why you get delayed or denied.

My experiences is the same if you get delayed once you and get delayed almost every time.

Are you a junior or senior? DId you list your social?

Comment

The address doesn’t go through NICS system so it was something random or...

Only time I ever had to give an address was for a guy with a felony that probably got a visit from someone later that day.

Normally they ask name height weight citizen ship and social if you give it.

Comment

It was just a guess on my part. I thought some folks might be buying guns this weekend, and it would be a good reminder.

I hope I don't get delayed every time going forward... It kind of dampers the excitement of the purchase.

Comment

I get delayed every time. Might get the ok in 10 mins, never been longer than overnight. I had a one year gap in around my chl 2001, and have had stupid gun dealers run it a couple times when they were holding my chl in their hand.

Comment

Working...
            X