Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A testimony for the Lifeproof case for iPhone

You guys aren’t going to believe this!!
    After I got home from work this evening, I decided to change the blades out on my Zero turn mower… It turned into quite a project (that’s another story)… In any case, I got everything done and decided to cut a small section of the yard that included the drainage swale. I made several passes and stuck the mower in the muddy drainage… I got off it to go get the Honda Pioneer to pull it out. When I dismounted the mower, I noticed my brand new iPhone 8+ had fallen out of the holster on my belt… Immediate panic set in. I looked the mower over, nothing! Based on where I was sitting and the position of the holster, it appears that the phone fell out of the holster and between the seat and frame of the mower… This provided a direct path right down to the ground at the mower deck! I started to walk around looking for pieces of the phone or other evidence… I was really disappointed that I had let such a senseless thing happen… Finally I found the phone largely intact lying in the grass on the approximate pass that I had just made with the mower. Here are pics of the phone as I found it…

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7319.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	25146035

Name:	IMG_7320.jpg
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	25146036

Name:	IMG_7321.jpg
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	25146037

I picked it up, pushed the home button and the sucker lit up!! The screen was largely destroyed on the phone case, and it was cut in several places… I stuck it in the holster and finished up my little project… When I got in the house, I popped the Lifeproof Case off the phone… not a scratch on the phone!!! I WILL be going to the store and buy another one JUST like this one! I HIGHLY recommend the waterproof Lifeproof Case for your phones!!

You have to send this to Lifeproof! It's worth something I'm sure.

Comment

That’s awesome. Ive had good luck with mine however I have never put it through that test. I would contact Lifeproof and tell them your story. I’m sure that would be a good story and would probably replace one for you as well. Make sure you get a new one before you head to the Chandeleur Islands.

Comment

A testimony for the Lifeproof case for iPhone

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        You guys aren’t going to believe this!!

After I got home from work this evening, I decided to change the blades out on my Zero turn mower… It turned into quite a project (that’s another story)… In any case, I got everything done and decided to cut a small section of the yard that included the drainage swale. I made several passes and stuck the mower in the muddy drainage… I got off it to go get the Honda Pioneer to pull it out. When I dismounted the mower, I noticed my brand new iPhone 8+ had fallen out of the holster on my belt… Immediate panic set in. I looked the mower over, nothing! Based on where I was sitting and the position of the holster, it appears that the phone fell out of the holster and between the seat and frame of the mower… This provided a direct path right down to the ground at the mower deck! I started to walk around looking for pieces of the phone or other evidence… I was really disappointed that I had let such a senseless thing happen… Finally I found the phone largely intact lying in the grass on the approximate pass that I had just made with the mower. Here are pics of the phone as I found it…

[ATTACH]905174[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]905175[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]905176[/ATTACH]

I picked it up, pushed the home button and the sucker lit up!! The screen was largely destroyed on the phone case, and it was cut in several places… I stuck it in the holster and finished up my little project… When I got in the house, I popped the Lifeproof Case off the phone… not a scratch on the phone!!! I WILL be going to the store and buy another one JUST like this one! I HIGHLY recommend the waterproof Lifeproof Case for your phones!!

I’d rather buy a new phone than deal with the muffled sound of a waterproof case. I figured the life proof cases would have died out with the newer water resistant iPhones. I do use a heavy duty case but can’t stand the waterproof ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
          I’d rather buy a new phone than deal with the muffled sound of a waterproof case. I figured the life proof cases would have died out with the newer water resistant iPhones. I do use a heavy duty case but can’t stand the waterproof ones.

The current life proof cases are not like the first models made. I use them on both my iPhones and not any issues with hearing.

Comment

It'd be perfect for me.I never talk on mine!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Life proof will probably warranty the case. I wouldn’t run anything else on mine. I’m leery about upgrading to the x because they are supposed to be water resistant and they have an epoxy for scratches and stuff you put on the screen.

Comment

Just go online and fill out the warranty request and they will send you another case for just the cost of shipping. Got my new case in the mail last week for $6

Comment

Man, that’s lucky.

Comment

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say... your blades are set too high.

Love,
                    An Android guy

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                      Just go online and fill out the warranty request and they will send you another case for just the cost of shipping. Got my new case in the mail last week for $6
                      How would this be a warranty issue?

Comment

Nope, no issue at all with these new cases. They fixed that a couple generations ago... besides, all sounds coming out of my phone is bluetoothed to my hearing aids or my truck... I'm hands free 100% of the time...

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
                          It don't matter they don't ask just the date of purchase $6 and here's your new case.

Comment

Originally posted by 4xBuilder View Post
                            You have to send this to Lifeproof! It's worth something I'm sure.
                            X2

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
                              I don't think its waterproof anymore
                              And its called "life" proof, even GOF's are covered under warranty

Comment

Working...
                              X