No announcement yet.

Wildgame Innovations game cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$30 camera or $100 camera they all have issues w trigger, sd card, battery life, night pics etc within a year or two due to heat and moisture. If the purpose is to have "wedding pics like trail cam pics" where you can see every minute detail and score a deer based on it then go for the high dollar >10MP camera.
    On the other hand if you just want to see decent pics and have 3 locations and want to get it done for less than $100, WGI can work for you.
    Either route you choose buy them from academy save the receipt and box for returns or store credit.

Comment

Had 4 of one of their earliest cameras. They sat in northern hill country for 4-5 years, year round, battery after battery, pic after pic, in all manner of weather. Never had a problem one until they eventually crapped out. But like I said, anywhere from 10-110 degrees, storms, ice, cattle abuse, etc. we were shocked we still had regular pics after 2-3 years. For the money, I don’t think they can be beat. But that’s for the money. If you can afford better, buy better.

Comment

Originally posted by axisbuck View Post
        Either route you choose buy them from academy save the receipt and box for returns or store credit.
        That is what I have learned (the hard way)!

Comment

First WGI camera I bought took 8 pictures in 4 days before the batteries died. Thought it was just bad batteries and replaced them with new ones. Got 4 pictures in 3 days with that set of batteries. Pretty much the same story with everything I ever bought from WGI...JUNK.

Comment

Originally posted by Native Texan View Post
            First WGI camera I bought took 8 pictures in 4 days before the batteries died. Thought it was just bad batteries and replaced them with new ones. Got 4 pictures in 3 days with that set of batteries. Pretty much the same story with everything I ever bought from WGI...JUNK.
            Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
              I have used these without issue. However, I would rather spend a few extra bucks and just buy them from academy. I think I paid $45 a piece at Academy. That $5 is well worth not giving Dicks any of my money.
              Academy will price match so there is no reason to pay any extra. In fact they will beat the competitor price. I have done this several times on a variety of products.

Comment

Strongly thinking about going this route despite all the hate. Woodpeckers are going to kill any camera we put out. Woodpeckers do not discriminate which cameras they attack! We've had some last years, and others not make it one round of pics and the sensor is hanging out of the camera. If I just buy 10 cameras at $20, then I can just keep some extras at camp!

Comment

Originally posted by FireMedic26 View Post
                  So far we've had good luck with them. Only time will tell, but at $40 each I can stand to have a few problems. I've had problems out of a lot more expensive cameras.

Sent from a satellite in outer space using my cellular device.
                  No, no you haven't. They're junk, JUNK I SAY!!!!

just couldn't help myself

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                    No, no you haven't. They're junk, JUNK I SAY!!!!

just couldn't help myself
                    [emoji23][emoji23]

They're all junk eventually. The best camera I ever had was my old 3 mp Moultrie camera that used a 6 volt lantern battery and had external prongs to connect a solar charger. It ran year around, and I changed the battery every couple of years. So I guess I'm being that old guy that says "they just don't make them like they used to". Haha

Comment

Best camera I ever had was a Moultrie M880. Got it as a gift in 2011. Put it on a tree that year and it has run continuously since then. Had to replace the strap 2 years ago when it dry rotted.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                        Just letting people know what my experience has been.

Comment

I have used every brand over 10 years.

I will only use Browning, Bushnell, Moultrie or Spartan/Covert for wireless pics.

RECONYX is the best but I don't have those pockets.

Cuddeback went to crap, WGI has always sucked once you see a real camera, Stealth has gotten better, Muddy hasn't reached the top level yet, and Primos isnt terrible

Comment

I have found this website to BE SPOT On, unbiased, and the best truthful reviews on game cameras

We offer honest reviews on every product we sell so you can make an informed decision. Shop for trail cameras, scouting cameras, and game cameras today!

Comment

Originally posted by FireMedic26 View Post
                              [emoji23][emoji23]

They're all junk eventually. The best camera I ever had was my old 3 mp Moultrie camera that used a 6 volt lantern battery and had external prongs to connect a solar charger. It ran year around, and I changed the battery every couple of years. So I guess I'm being that old guy that says "they just don't make them like they used to". Haha
                              Originally posted by Native Texan View Post
                              Best camera I ever had was a Moultrie M880. Got it as a gift in 2011. Put it on a tree that year and it has run continuously since then. Had to replace the strap 2 years ago when it dry rotted.
                              I have a couple of old I40s from about 10 years ago that I had shelved. I pulled them out the other day, put 6 new D batteries in them and they still work. That's a lot more than I can say for the first WGI camera I bought last week.

Comment

I’ve got 2, 4 years old, and one that’s 5 or 6. No issues here. I’ve owned just about all of the big name cameras and honestly in my experience anyways, these are as reliable as any of them. And they also have exceptional battery life.

Comment

Working...
                                X