Information on guided hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Information on guided hunts

Recently I purchased a ram hunt at the TTHA Extravaganza. I have never been on a paid hunt before and I'm in need of some information as far as what is normal. After getting home I started thinking about the fact that he wrote down a two day hunt with a one night stay and I called to find out what the arrival time and departure time was. He informed me that you arrive at noon and dept. at noon the next day. Is this normal practice for only half days to be considered full days?

Have only paid for guided waterfowl hunts so to this I don’t have much experience and have often noticed when looking into doing exotic hunts that it seems they charge you for 2 days but yet you’re only there 24 hours? And what if you get your ram the first day and don’t need to stay the night... why would you pay to stay when it’s pointless? Curious to hear what others who have a lot more experience have to say.

Comment

A two day hunt usually consist of 4 total hunts and two nights stay. For instance. You arrive at noon on Friday and depart at noon on Sunday. This leaves you with two morning hunts and two evening hunts. From what you have just described, that what be considered a one day hunt.

Comment

That's a one day from my experience. Two day hunts are usually an arrive Friday at noon and depart Sunday at noon type of deal. You are getting ripped off, in a big way, if you're paying for two days.

Comment

If it’s a small place gaurenteed hunt that’s all the time you’ll need I’d guess. If it’s a mountain ram hunt that won’t cut it unless your very lucky and not selective.

Comment

What you described would normally be a one day hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That is a one day hunt spread out on 2 separate days. He is not on the up and up on that being a 2 day hunt, far from it.

Comment

I agree I though that two half days would equal one full day. I guess lesson learned the hard way. Since the deposit is non refundable I’ll go with it and make the best of what I have. Luckily they claim guaranteed success so we will see. Thanks for all the responses.

Comment

Good luck and let us know how it turns out!

Comment

Originally posted by nozzlejunky6177 View Post
                    I agree I though that two half days would equal one full day. I guess lesson learned the hard way. Since the deposit is non refundable I’ll go with it and make the best of what I have. Luckily they claim guaranteed success so we will see. Thanks for all the responses.
                    Good luck!

If you don't mind, could you post the cost details. Just curious, maybe the deal wasn't that bad

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
                      Good luck!

If you don't mind, could you post the cost details. Just curious, maybe the deal wasn't that bad
                      So they were having a show special, a gold medal ram hunt that origanlly cost 1295 for 995. Ram size is from 31” to 35”. I remember seeing this website before going to the show and the hunt is advertised on their website as a three day hunt/two night stay. After talking with this guy he claims it was an error on their website. The website never talks about a day being considered only a half day either but he guarantees a successful hunt. My buddy and I also talked to him about this being a spot and stalk archery hunt and he was like oh yeah. Come to find out it is a blind hunt. Just everything about this hunt is starting to **** Me off. Wondering what my options are with getting my money back even though it say non refundable or should I just go kill this ram and learn my lesson for next time.

Comment

I think you've been had by an unscrupulous "outfitter".

Comment

Who is the outfitter?

Comment

Sounds kinda sketchy.
                            If its guaranteed you should at least kill.
                            But can you trust his guarantee and what happens if you dont?
                            I dont think youd get any money back. If you ask it may **** the guy off and he could be a jerk during your hunt.
                            Since you did pay the deposit, Id go and make the best of it.

Comment

Id post up his info though. Someone here may know him and give you the true 411 and you might cut your losses now.

Comment

Working...
                              X