Tigers finally back!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
    If you ain’t 1st your last boys y’all know this lol !!
    Not when you win 1.18 million for 2nd.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
      Not when you win 1.18 million for 2nd.

O yeah great pay day but it’s not about the money for him he wanted 1st just like everyone else did just to prove to himself he could do it . I guarantee he doesn’t care what anyone else thanks about him . He has already proved to this world he is probably the best golfer to walk this earth !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Never saw him kneel during OUR Anthem...so i don’t hate him and wish I was 1/100th as good at it as he is.

Comment

Originally posted by ttechdallas View Post
          I guess the next Tiger debate is whether he is worthy of being a captain's pick for the 2018 U.S. Ryder Cup team. Today was the final day to earn points and with his finish he moved up to #11. The top 8 are set and the final 4 will be captain's picks. It will be hard to keep him off the team when you look at how he has finished the year. On top of that, he garnered his points in only 14 events compared to 20+ events by most of the other players in the top 15.

I certainly want to see him playing and not just there as an assistant captain.
          Furyk said earlier this week Tiger is hard to pair up with a partner.
          Find someone not scared to play with him.
          Let ABCDJ give them a pep talk that this is an old school match. The Europeans are trying to take something that belongs in the US and tell our team to get after it. Everbody reach down deep and play their guts out and grind every shot until they beat their man.

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
            Yeah, nobody ever talks about the second place finishers and it wasn’t hard for the old Tiger to consistently be in the top 2. He’s playing well, but he’s not back. He’ll never be back to the old Tiger because he’s 42. I’m not saying he’ll never win another major because it’s possible, but he won’t ever dominate the tour like he once did. If by being ‘back’ you mean he’s playing competitive golf, then yeah, he’s back.

Pretty reasonable thoughts, but I'm not sure you're giving this new Tiger quite enough credit. Aside from spraying the driver, Tiger today hit his irons every bit as surgically as in his prime, and putted virtually as well, also. What we have to realize is that the "young guns" on the current tour grew up emulating Tiger and his game and approach. Essentially, Koepka is a younger version of Tiger, physically. So, no, Tiger may not "dominate" as in the old days, but his game will play just fine with any of these guys, and his mental toughness is showing more and more signs of the old "killer" mode. I think he will do a lot better than play "competitive."

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
              Yeah, nobody ever talks about the second place finishers and it wasn’t hard for the old Tiger to consistently be in the top 2. He’s playing well, but he’s not back. He’ll never be back to the old Tiger because he’s 42. I’m not saying he’ll never win another major because it’s possible, but he won’t ever dominate the tour like he once did. If by being ‘back’ you mean he’s playing competitive golf, then yeah, he’s back.

Comment

Well, the rest of the players should thank him AGAIN. He drives revenue for all involved like it or not!
                That guy was mentally exhausted after the round. What a fierce competitor. I know its only golf. But its a game with no teammates, no excuses and takes way more than it gives. 95% of the people that play golf cant break 100 because of many reasons. He has had life problems too. Who hasn't ?
                One of the top 3 golfers of all time like it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                  I’d prefer $1000, but $100 is good. Not sure how we would police this. We’re talking about an 8 year bet.
                  Anyone take you up on this bet yet?

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                    Agree about Nicklaus and him being a natural golfer but Tiger is a physically gifted athlete (as was the Golden Bear), he power cleaned 365 when he was at Stanford, that's athletic.
                    But is he gifted or was he able to clean 365, from years of working out, eating right, building his body up, to be able to do the things he does? Tiger isn't little. I have a cousin who is certainly smaller than Tiger, but owns a crossfit gym in Conway Ar. He can lift cars. He's been working out since he was 16, and he ain't got a gift in his body. Imo gifted, raw talent, natural talent, are all things you are just born with, you naturally have it. You don't need years of working out, practicing, training, etc..to make your bid for dominance. You just do it. Comes natural.

Comment

My last thought on the "will he win again" question.
                      Winning a golf tournament is in the top 4 hardest things to do in sports (IMO)
                      Go to a baseball, football, hoops, soccer game or match and one of those teams goes home a happy Winner every night.
                      150 guys start a golf tournament and 1 guy wins each week. In the 52 weeks this year there were 49 events. Probably had 8 guys that won twice a couple 3 times. Thats 21 of the 49. So 28 others won once lets say.
                      1 winner out of 150 is like a .0066% chance to win
                      38 winners out of 7350 starters. Thats 7312 losers. Something like a .0051% chance of winning.
                      All #'s are +or- of course.

#2...Attempting to hit a 100 mph baseball one pitch then a 86 mph curve the next.
                      #3... Skating on ice, handling a puck with a stick and another guy beating on you while trying to score.
                      #4... NFL QB, having 40 seconds to do the number of things he has to do in that short period of time and be successful.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                        Until the next girlfriend beats his azz! lol
                        She is black headed not as crazy he finally learned lol !!

Comment

Glad for him. Tiger to golf is like Dale Jr to NASCAR. Drives people to want to watch. Like him or not he is an incredible athlete who still can play with the best of them any day.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                            But is he gifted or was he able to clean 365, from years of working out, eating right, building his body up, to be able to do the things he does? Tiger isn't little. I have a cousin who is certainly smaller than Tiger, but owns a crossfit gym in Conway Ar. He can lift cars. He's been working out since he was 16, and he ain't got a gift in his body. Imo gifted, raw talent, natural talent, are all things you are just born with, you naturally have it. You don't need years of working out, practicing, training, etc..to make your bid for dominance. You just do it. Comes natural.
                            I understand what you're saying, conditioning, training, etc are not natural gifts and I agree that lifting cars does not require being athletically gifted.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                              Until the next girlfriend beats his azz! lol
                              ....or another DWI

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                                I consider him right up there with Ali as for bringing the sport back to TV. Years ago before pay per view my Dad and I watched Ali vs Frazier are who ever. He always had heck with Kenny Norton as best I remember.
                                Was Ali v. Frazier on a Closed Circuit broadcast?
                                I was sitting in Memorial Coliseum in Tuscaloosa watching it.

Comment

Working...
                                X