bass fishing on youtube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bass fishing on youtube

i'm thinking of making a youtube channel for fishing. what all do i need to do to get started what are good cameras that i should use. how do I edit.

I would start off with a GoPro and a good point and shoot camera like a Sony Mark 4 or 5. iMovie is a good editing software for a beginner and comes standard on most MacBooks. As you progress and get better at editing, you can step up to something like Adobe Premiere Pro CC, which is what I use, or Final Cut Pro. Don't skimp on accessories like a chest mount for the GoPro and things like Tripods and such! Make sure and get external/lapel microphones, because no one likes crappy audio!

I've been lucky enough to know and hang out/film with some of the big fishing/vlogging/shooting YouTubers such as LunkersTV, Alex Peric, Jimmy with GunsNchickenstrips, and Fishing with Flair. All great dudes and YouTube is what these guys do for a living. You can check out our videos @4B Bow Hunting & Outdoors on YouTube if you'd like to get an idea on what a smaller up and coming YouTube channel looks like. As for fishing, check out LunkersTV and subscribe to us both! We really appreciate the help and support and best of luck to you and your YouTube endeavors!
    Last edited by Bradley; 04-05-2017, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bradley View Post
      I would start off with a GoPro and a good point and shoot camera like a Sony Mark 4 or 5. iMovie is a good editing software for a beginner and comes standard on most MacBooks. As you progress and get better at editing, you can step up to something like Adobe Premiere Pro CC, which is what I use, or Final Cut Pro. Don't skimp on accessories like a chest mount for the GoPro and things like Tripods and such! Make sure and get external/lapel microphones, because no one likes crappy audio!

I've been lucky enough to know and hang out/film with some of the big fishing/vlogging/shooting YouTubers such as LunkersTV, Alex Peric, Jimmy with GunsNchickenstrips, and Fishing with Flair. All great dudes and YouTube is what these guys do for a living. You can check out our videos @4B Bow Hunting & Outdoors on YouTube if you'd like to get an idea on what a smaller up and coming YouTube channel looks like. As for fishing, check out LunkersTV and subscribe to us both! We really appreciate the help and support and best of luck to you and your YouTube endeavors!
      you are so lucky the googan squad is my role models. i hope when i get started that we can collaborate because they are the coolest. i love watching ap bassing and lunkers because of how peric over reacts its hilarious

Comment

Originally posted by Art View Post
        you are so lucky the googan squad is my role models. i hope when i get started that we can collaborate because they are the coolest. i love watching ap bassing and lunkers because of how peric over reacts its hilarious
        They're really cool dudes! You'll be seeing more of them especially Jimmy soon!

Comment

They're really cool dudes! You'll be seeing more of them especially Jimmy soon!

Do you think mike from 1rod will ever come back to the squad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Art View Post
            Do you think mike from 1rod will ever come back to the squad?

From my personal experience with the guys and my take from the conversations we've had, probably not. No hard feelings between any of those guys it's just not the best situation for Mike, like he explained in his video.

Comment

From my personal experience with the guys and my take from the conversations we've had, probably not. No hard feelings between any of those guys it's just not the best situation for Mike, like he explained in his video.
              Man that sucks

Comment

do you think that they will have another fan meet anytime soon

Comment

I think im one of few that cannot stand those guys or their videos. I think the few bass guys I do enjoy watching on YouTube would be Billy Lawson and Justin Rackley, and even then some of Rackleys stuff is getting boring. Most of these are turning into VLOGS and I guess I dont care enough to be entertained about their lives, would rather watch actual fishing.

But to be on topic, as others have stated, dont skimp on quality gear, lots of cameras and direct power connections to record all day so you dont miss a single thing. My tournament partner and I thought about making a channel a few years back but never had the time/lost interest in the editing and filming everything we did

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
                    I think im one of few that cannot stand those guys or their videos. I think the few bass guys I do enjoy watching on YouTube would be Billy Lawson and Justin Rackley, and even then some of Rackleys stuff is getting boring. Most of these are turning into VLOGS and I guess I dont care enough to be entertained about their lives, would rather watch actual fishing.

But to be on topic, as others have stated, dont skimp on quality gear, lots of cameras and direct power connections to record all day so you dont miss a single thing. My tournament partner and I thought about making a channel a few years back but never had the time/lost interest in the editing and filming everything we did

I like a lot the googan bill dance kevan van Rolland Martan Scott Martin. I enjoy people that inspire the young people of my generation to fish.

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post

I can agree with you to an extent. Some things just tend to get boring after a while, but LakeForkGuy usually mixes it up. Since Rackley doesn't post every single day, his content is pretty good. All of these guys have different personalities and styles, and they all have different techniques on bass fishing and it's something I can take and put a spin on to create my own unique content. We all have our own way of doing things and that's why YouTube is such a good platform to learn about whatever you want. I enjoy the editing/filming process and we try to put out content that you don't see on other channels as often.

Comment

Working...
                      X