1997 2 door Tahie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1997 2 door Tahie

Bought this from a fellow TBH member. Truck runs good and everything works, but time to pretty her up. May be a slow process.

Needed items:
    Paint
    Carpet
    Misc plastics
    Center console
    Sun visors
    Rear seat headrests

Wanted items:
    Lift
    Bigger tires
    Re-tint front windows
    New bumpers
    Sub woofer
    Leather seats
    Led lights
    Winch
    Roof rack

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Possible future engine swap too. This one has 217k on it and a little slow. It will all be a learning experience for both me and my kids as I'm not very mechanical but I like to learn. I can do it with good instructions, aka you tube videos that show me how.

Comment

Good looking tahoe, always liked the 2 doors.

I had a 99 4 door. Easy to work on.
      Rebuilt engine to 383 for low end torque but wish I would have swapped the cam while I was in it, had transmission rebuilt with hardened gear and shift kit to help with towing. Then 4.56 gears to offset for oversized tires. Black bear tune made it more responsive.
      Swapped to Efans and it made a huge difference in ac cooling in the hot summer.

Distributor cap is prone to corrosion. I had to clean anually.

Comment

For paint, keep it white, or switch it up. Interior is tan, so possibly black, dark maroon, forest green, navy, or anyone have any other ideas?

Comment

Get it coated like that guy on here did with his 7.3 f250. Like a bedliner type product.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
            Get it coated like that guy on here did with his 7.3 f250. Like a bedliner type product.
            I don't want it as a lease ride. I want a mall crawler. Something cool, but modern looking.

Comment

Something like these.

Comment

Or maybe black top and white bottom?

Comment

The thread I was talking about was Kevlar paint, not bedliner. This was the place he had it done. I've checked out some of their past jobs and it looks awesome.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                    The thread I was talking about was Kevlar paint, not bedliner. This was the place he had it done. I've checked out some of their past jobs and it looks awesome.

https://www.facebook.com/lrmcustomstx/
                    Oh, gotcha. That is pretty cool looking. Any idea of costs?

Comment

I luv these trucks. I’ve always wanted one! Good luck

Comment

Man I had a 1998 back in 2004 with a Kicker Solo Baric 12 in a bandpass box, it was loud! I had the dark blue color they had back then and I always loved it. Got it all fixed up just the way I wanted it, about a month later I T Boned a guy in a 1980's dodge single cab that pulled out in front of me as I was pulling a trailer on old 290 in Prairie View. Totaled it and some lawn equipment. It was a fun truck!

You have to be careful about the distributor and fuel injection on those vortecs. They are finicky to get right once something does go wrong. If you are going to do anything, just get a long block and make it easy. You can find some relatively cheap if you want to go back with a stock type engine. These guys are pretty good. https://www.mabbcomotors.com/catalog/auto

Comment

This will be a sweet ride when it is complete. I always liked the two door Tahoes. You will learn a lot in the process and it will be great for your kids to learn with you. Growing up if my truck was ever broken down my dad would make me fix it on my own or else I did not go anywhere so I learned real quick. I always hated working on my vehicles growing up but I appreciate the knowledge I gained and the money I have saved on repairs. Looking forward to the finished product.

Comment

at least put decent tires on it.
                            rubber bands are for donks!

Comment

Whatever you do, don't put giant rims on it. Mall crawler or not, go with the classic look.

Those are seriously cool rides, I look forward to the build. Like Wits_End said, go 383. I had a pickup with that same 350 in it, almost pulled the trigger on the 383. Looking back, wish I had.

Comment

Working...
                              X