South Texas protein feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South Texas protein feeders

Just a check to see what is going on with your feed ....are they hammering it, backing off....etc. cottonseed over protein....

We are getting hammered on both right now. All the rains have seemed to stay to our north.

I'm in north Texas so keep that in mind. My place is as green as it's ever been and it won't stop raining and they are still hammering the protein

Comment

We are south of San Diego on the Jim Wells/Duval county line. Our deer are hammering the cotton seed and protein right now.

Comment

We are in Atascosa County and the deer are hammering. Went through 2,000 lbs on 100 acres in about 3 weeks. Hammering the cottenseed too. Can't keep up with them.

Comment

Not ST but my deer have started hammering the cottonseed over the protein in San Saba County. I don't have a camera in my feed pens but I am guessing that it mostly the does hitting the cottonseed.

Comment

Originally posted by throwin darts View Post
            i'm in north texas so keep that in mind. My place is as green as it's ever been and it won't stop raining and they are still hammering the protein
            same

Comment

Catarina area- rain just keeps missing us. Need some bad. Deer are hammering protein and Cottonseed right now. Lols like mesquite beans should be ready in another week or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Hey rattler. Down here a lot now. All the rain stays north of us for sure. Beans are ripe. Cows getting after them. Busy workin on y'all's road by the big house down there.

Comment

Down in freer the deer are smashing both

Comment

we are just on the other side of the river in mexico. So far this year we have been averaging 5 tons of protein and 3 tons of cottonseed a month on 8k acres. consumption is increasing as far as I can tell, but we haven't had the rain that some of you in south Texas have.

Comment

We are in Menard county, not in South Texas, and our deer herd started hitting the cottonseed heavily around the end of May. I'm sure the deer will become more dependent the hotter/drier it gets as well as once the doe start dropping their fawns and need a high energy feed.

Comment

make sure it's the deer hammering the protein and not the coons! Go to www.coonhood.com to learn how

Comment

Went to freer today and put out more feed, hammering both protein and cottonseed, we need some rain bad

Comment

Originally posted by Cull hunter View Post
                            Hey rattler. Down here a lot now. All the rain stays north of us for sure. Beans are ripe. Cows getting after them. Busy workin on y'all's road by the big house down there.

Yeah, that Gates/Espejo road down 2688 is messed up right now. Hope you get it looking like a Highway soon. I have been coming in the back way off 87. Need rain bad!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                            X