AR Lowers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AR Lowers

Where is the best place to buy stripped lowers?

Primary arms has Anderson lowers on sale for 29.99 every so often

Comment

AR Lowers

I love AR's but I have never been into the cheapest of the cheapest. There's only so much room in the safe for a $350 AR.

I prefer more of the AR's that group .5 inch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Black Ice; 11-16-2017, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
        I love AR's but I have never been into the cheapest of the cheapest. There's only so much room in the safe for a $350 AR.

I prefer more of the AR's that group .5 inch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        A lower is a lower is a lower

No need to spend the money on a lower when the money can be spent better on a part that affects accuracy. They're all made by the same few factories and then marked with a company logo.

If you've got the coin, go for a upper end billet lower, but it ain't gonna make the gun shoot any better in a practical sense.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post

No need to spend the money on a lower when the money can be spent better on a part that affects accuracy. They're all made by the same few factories and then marked with a company logo.

If you've got the coin, go for a upper end billet lower, but it ain't gonna make the gun shoot any better in a practical sense.
          I’m not an expert on AR’s but, I’ve heard the exact same thing.

Comment

I have an AR built on an Anderson lower, I recommend spending a little more for an aero precision or spikes tactical (which I also own). Or at least seeing the Anderson in person before you buy. The fit and finish on the Anderson I have just leaves something to be desired, the functionality is fine though. Primary arms is a good place to shop, Joe bob outfitters is also good for online purchases. Most gun shops have lowers for sale, even cabelas had some last time I was there.

Comment

Not 100% true. There are polymer lowers that are junk.(there are some polymer lowers that are good) There are lowers that are not mil-spec. There are lowers that just will not mate tightly to any upper.
              Having said that, if you find a lower that mates well with an upper and the finish is good then no need to spend any extra on it.

Comment

Originally posted by dac6933 View Post
                Where is the best place to buy stripped lowers?
                Did you try the internet?

Comment

Fat Boy Tactical

Comment

And there are Colt lowers that are out of spec-referring to the ones that need the large hole pins. Just saying. Not bashing colt at all BTW.

Comment

Primary Arms and Palmetto State Armory get nearly all my AR business.

Comment

Aero is what I typically use. They have been consistent quality and the price is reasonable. I have worked in a couple of shops that sell ar's. There are only a handful of foundries that cast the uppers and lowers. For instance, a Colt lower might have the same maker's mark as a DPMS, with just the logos and maybe other minor machining differences. Billet... That's a different animal and one I have never considered necessary to make a nice rifle for the typically massive difference in price. Spend your money on a good barrel, bolt carrier group, and trigger. That WILL make a difference.

Comment

I hate big tacky logos on the side of mine. I've been wanting to try Unbranded AR match sets

Comment

I’d rather give a local gun shop my business on a lower then order everything else for the gun online when there’s sales personally.

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
                              I’d rather give a local gun shop my business on a lower then order everything else for the gun online when there’s sales personally.

That’s all fine but you’ll pay a noticeable premium for the exact same thing you can buy online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X