Shnf 16-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wtg Austex123!!
    Had 2 afternoon sits and did not see a thing. I was fooled by a squirrel thinking something was fixing to show, darned ol' squirrels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey guys sorry for sorry for intruding on this thread.

Inspired by Brandon's Appalachian Trail adventure, I was planning on hiking the SHNF around Christmas this year. I was wondering how safe it is...Is there a lot of people hunting out there around this time? Any advise?

Thanks

Mark Rupe

Comment

Originally posted by msemm15 View Post
        Great buck
        congrats

Comment

Originally posted by mrupe View Post

Inspired by Brandon's Appalachian Trail adventure, I was planning on hiking the SHNF around Christmas this year. I was wondering how safe it is...Is there a lot of people hunting out there around this time? Any advise?

Thanks

Mark Rupe

I wouldn't go no where around there during general season. It's very dangerous At that time.

Comment

Originally posted by mrupe View Post

Thanks

Mark Rupe

You might want to put that off until February Mark. Some of the crazies in the SHNF shoot anything that moves[emoji38]

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
              Good shooting TNT.

Thanks!

Comment

Congratulations

Comment

Speaking of hikers why is it they never wear blaze orange?? Can't tell you how many times I've passed them on the trails.. I'll be decked out head to toe in orange (which i hate wearing) and theyll stroll by in shorts and t-shirts leading a pack of dogs around. Not only do they seem to have a loophole to the Blaze Orange rule, but they also can access the same lands for free that we must pay annual fees to use.. Nothing against hikers, but in my opinion we should all have to abide by the same laws of the land... What gives?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice pig TNT. Looks like BBQ to me.

Comment

Not selected for USFS Antlerless Deer Permit - Adult at Sam Houston

Comment

Originally posted by ..Ambush.. View Post
                        Speaking of hikers why is it they never wear blaze orange?? Can't tell you how many times I've passed them on the trails.. I'll be decked out head to toe in orange (which i hate wearing) and theyll stroll by in shorts and t-shirts leading a pack of dogs around. Not only do they seem to have a loophole to the Blaze Orange rule, but they also can access the same lands for free that we must pay annual fees to use.. Nothing against hikers, but in my opinion we should all have to abide by the same laws of the land... What gives?

I've been asking this for years.

Warren Oja is in charge of the SHNF and he says that the hikers don't have to wear orange because they are not hunting.
                        I made the point that those hikers not wearing orange are not very safe, to which his reply is " it's the hunters responsibility to identify their target" So best I can tell he's not going to change his mind.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

It's all bs. That's my view.

Comment

And I also seen the couple walking dogs out there.

Comment

Well from now on im not going hunting... im going "hiking" with my bow lol

Might just bring my dog too!

Comment

Looks like no doe permit for me this year. I have gotten one every year they have been doing permits. I guess there are just too dang many hunters now.

Comment

Working...
                                X