Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Public Hunting Opportunities
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2019, 09:28 PM   #51
PIOBill
Spike
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Default

We usually hunt the RS side and have been scouting a bit. We found where someone had cut all the strands of barbed wire in the fence going into Richardson Ranch. That kind of crap can Blow back on all of us.

Hope everyone has a good and safe hunt.
PIOBill is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-21-2019, 01:38 PM   #52
sandbill
Eight Point
 
sandbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Benbrook, TX
Hunt In: Montague County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIOBill View Post
We usually hunt the RS side and have been scouting a bit. We found where someone had cut all the strands of barbed wire in the fence going into Richardson Ranch. That kind of crap can Blow back on all of us.

Hope everyone has a good and safe hunt.
I likely came across that same spot in the fence a year ago. Turned in the GPS coordinates to the cut fence, along with the 2018 hunt survey. It appears to still need repair.
sandbill is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2019, 06:22 PM   #53
Texas Grown
Pope & Young
 
Texas Grown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Burleson, Texas
Default

For those that do not know, there may be some construction going on in the ACE Whiskey Flats area where the power-line right-of-way is. There are new towers going up. Most of the towers have been layed under the power lines on the property across the river ready for erection. They will need concrete bases poured and then they go up. You can see them from 377 very easily. I pass by there daily. And there were several crews out in that field today. They are octagonal towers like what is used for high lights.


If you hunted out there a few years ago while they were running the drilling rig a couple of properties over to the east, you know what kind of sound carries through that bottom.
Texas Grown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2019, 05:29 PM   #54
Ace141
Six Point
 
Ace141's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Fort Worth, Tx
Hunt In: San Angelo, Anywhere I can
Default

Anyone on here in group 1?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Ace141 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-02-2019, 09:55 PM   #55
PIOBill
Spike
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Default

Just started hunt 3 but as hot as it is I'm not sure if this one will be fruitful. BTW the fence has been fixed.
PIOBill is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 08:34 AM   #56
sandbill
Eight Point
 
sandbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Benbrook, TX
Hunt In: Montague County
Default

It has been brutal. Deer aren't moving except very early and very late. Most likely taking care of their business in the dark.
sandbill is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 09:20 AM   #57
bmac
Ten Point
 
bmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Weatherford
Hunt In: Robertson Co. & TPWD
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandbill View Post
It has been brutal. Deer aren't moving except very early and very late. Most likely taking care of their business in the dark.


We have been running a few cameras and we are seeing that as well. Maybe they will breakout of that cycle shortly.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bmac is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2019, 12:45 PM   #58
Ace141
Six Point
 
Ace141's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Fort Worth, Tx
Hunt In: San Angelo, Anywhere I can
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac View Post
We have been running a few cameras and we are seeing that as well. Maybe they will breakout of that cycle shortly.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We are supposed to have a cold front on monday, maybe that will change some habits.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Ace141 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2019, 08:46 AM   #59
Take em
Ten Point
 
Take em's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Worth
Hunt In: NE Texas
Default

Your telling me you have actually found deer?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Take em is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2019, 10:16 AM   #60
bmac
Ten Point
 
bmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Weatherford
Hunt In: Robertson Co. & TPWD
Default Official 2019-2020 benbrook corp thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take em View Post
Your telling me you have actually found deer?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


The same deer over and over is considered moving to me. Hopefully I can get it, just wished they allowed you to access the place from the school grounds and have to walk the whole place.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bmac is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2019, 12:55 PM   #61
Texas Grown
Pope & Young
 
Texas Grown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Burleson, Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac View Post
The same deer over and over is considered moving to me. Hopefully I can get it, just wished they allowed you to access the place from the school grounds and have to walk the whole place.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Before the school was ever built, there used to be an access gate at the top of the hill from the lake. But you still had to park behind HQ near where the school entrance drive is. And walk across the old closed ACE park, and open field, to get to the gate. Found an rattler walking across that field one time. Not many out there. But there are a few.
Texas Grown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2019, 02:08 PM   #62
sandbill
Eight Point
 
sandbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Benbrook, TX
Hunt In: Montague County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Grown View Post
Before the school was ever built, there used to be an access gate at the top of the hill from the lake. But you still had to park behind HQ near where the school entrance drive is. And walk across the old closed ACE park, and open field, to get to the gate. Found an rattler walking across that field one time. Not many out there. But there are a few.
I must be livin' right because in hundreds of trips to and around the lake over the past 50+ years, I have never seen or even heard of the presence of any rattlers out there. I'm always LOOKING though! There's little reason for them not to be out there, but as you stated, there's certainly not very many (if any, anymore).
sandbill is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2019, 02:35 PM   #63
Texas Grown
Pope & Young
 
Texas Grown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Burleson, Texas
Default

That was back in the late '80s, about 2 footer. I had found another back over on the east end of Richardson about a 1/4 mile in from Grnadbury Rd. on the north side of the creek back in the 1990s, about 18". Had another buddy I used to hunt with all the time find a 3 footer while dove hunting on the Plover's Point side of Mustang. It crawled up behind him. Scott Tacket, the ranger in charge of the hunting program at the time, caught a 1 button on the step of the water fountain below the dam off Dirk's in the little park.


Place sure has changed.
Texas Grown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2019, 02:36 PM   #64
nonamehoff
Four Point
 
nonamehoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Default

Its hot and loud over here. Haven't seen anything..no squirrels, no rabbits.. nothing. Spiders are big and fat and all over the place. Grass in my old spots are 7ft tall now. Its rough out here so far.
nonamehoff is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2019, 04:54 PM   #65
Engine223
Nubbin' Buck
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Default Hella hot

Seems like most deer have been nocturnal. Hopefully the cold front pushes them a little more movement during hunting hours and u donít soak through all your clothes with sweat. Even with a change of clothes itís been tough
Engine223 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2019, 05:42 PM   #66
sandbill
Eight Point
 
sandbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Benbrook, TX
Hunt In: Montague County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Grown View Post
That was back in the late '80s, about 2 footer. I had found another back over on the east end of Richardson about a 1/4 mile in from Grnadbury Rd. on the north side of the creek back in the 1990s, about 18". Had another buddy I used to hunt with all the time find a 3 footer while dove hunting on the Plover's Point side of Mustang. It crawled up behind him. Scott Tacket, the ranger in charge of the hunting program at the time, caught a 1 button on the step of the water fountain below the dam off Dirk's in the little park.


Place sure has changed.
Itís tough to see those little foot long suckers. Guess Iím always on the lookout for the six footers with the yard long striking range! Yeah, sadly, the hunting areas get swallowed up by the big city noticeably more each year. As you know, the Richardson side was out Ď in the countryí until somewhat recently. The sounds of solitude have digressed from the chirping of the birds and the wind through the trees, to tollway traffic, sirens, and framing hammers.
sandbill is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2019, 06:21 PM   #67
Texas Grown
Pope & Young
 
Texas Grown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Burleson, Texas
Default

No more Rocky Creek. No more Mustang Park. No more Plover's Point (except ducking in a boat). No more behind St. France's Village (except ducking in a boat). Eventually, Richardson will be gone too, due to all the housing development. And they've squeezed down Whiskey Flats by 1/3. No more hunting on the side of the river for ducks.




Sandbill, I bet I've spoke with you while waiting in line on Fridays for permits out there. There was one year, maybe '87, that I got a permit every week that year except for two weeks. I was out there at least 5 days every week that year. J. Sawyer, M. Anderson, J. Ferrah, and I would nearly always be in line by 1:30 or so to make sure we got one . We mostly duck, dove, and chased the quail. There were great quail numbers back then! First two weeks of dove were a blast too!~

Last edited by Texas Grown; 10-04-2019 at 06:30 PM.
Texas Grown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2019, 11:52 AM   #68
nonamehoff
Four Point
 
nonamehoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Default

Gross
Attached Images
    
nonamehoff is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2019, 02:48 PM   #69
bmac
Ten Point
 
bmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Weatherford
Hunt In: Robertson Co. & TPWD
Default

Yeah, several homeless camps out there and trash all over. If you leave a blind up you might be sharing it in the morning.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bmac is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2019, 06:06 PM   #70
Texas Grown
Pope & Young
 
Texas Grown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Burleson, Texas
Default

That whole bottom and field was under water earlier this year. The water is gonna back up all kinds of trash in that little drainage. It's done it every time the lake and river get high. I know exactly where that is. I've sat in that big tree in the last pic before.
Texas Grown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2019, 01:44 PM   #71
blazeplatt
Nubbin' Buck
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Default

How many of you ride a bike in hunting out there?
blazeplatt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2019, 02:05 PM   #72
Whiskey Hunter
Spike
 
Whiskey Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Annetta South, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeplatt View Post
How many of you ride a bike in hunting out there?
Saw a non-hunter riding a dirt bike out there last year, but that's it
Whiskey Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-17-2019, 10:54 AM   #73
da_pepper
Four Point
 
da_pepper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Burleson, Tx
Hunt In: Public/Private
Default

I didn't get drawn this year. I hunted the second hunt last year, and saw a few doe. But everything was so green, that I didn't see much. Not like I have seen in years past. I hear its good to come in to RS by boat. Maybe I can try that if they are still drawing next season. Good luck to you all this season. I am keeping an eye on this forum to see what Benbrook produces this season.
da_pepper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-19-2019, 08:56 AM   #74
Take em
Ten Point
 
Take em's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Worth
Hunt In: NE Texas
Default



Itís meat for the Table. Not many legal bucks, but had plenty of culls that need to go, but canít. I hope someone gets some nice deer.

Had some guy walking the wood hunting and not with the required Orange vest and hat.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Take em is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-19-2019, 10:35 AM   #75
bmac
Ten Point
 
bmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Weatherford
Hunt In: Robertson Co. & TPWD
Default Official 2019-2020 benbrook corp thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take em View Post


Itís meat for the Table. Not many legal bucks, but had plenty of culls that need to go, but canít. I hope someone gets some nice deer.

Had some guy walking the wood hunting and not with the required Orange vest and hat.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Yeah Iíve been trying with a vertical bow, and a little harder then those horizontal models. Still some time to try to connect but since you shot the only legal deer on the place not sure itís worth going. Congrats on the meat, and long drag out.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bmac is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-21-2019, 08:59 PM   #76
ghost
Eight Point
 
ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Fort Worth
Hunt In: In the woods
Default Official 2019-2020 benbrook corp thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take em View Post


Itís meat for the Table. Not many legal bucks, but had plenty of culls that need to go, but canít. I hope someone gets some nice deer.

Had some guy walking the wood hunting and not with the required Orange vest and hat.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Nice. Milk still dripping from those teets??


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-21-2019, 09:40 PM   #77
PIOBill
Spike
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Default

We hunted hard during #3 and came up empty. Got a lot of deer on camera and a few most days but not in range. The last light of the last night we had a shot but just out of range for that time of the evening. Weather was all over the place but way too hot most of the time. Good luck.
PIOBill is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-21-2019, 09:43 PM   #78
bmac
Ten Point
 
bmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Weatherford
Hunt In: Robertson Co. & TPWD
Default

Iím hoping to get out Wednesday morning, wind is wrong for my setup until then.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bmac is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-22-2019, 01:40 PM   #79
Take em
Ten Point
 
Take em's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Worth
Hunt In: NE Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost View Post
Nice. Milk still dripping from those teets??


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Yes she still had milk on her.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Take em is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-22-2019, 08:28 PM   #80
Texas Grown
Pope & Young
 
Texas Grown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Burleson, Texas
Default

Congrats on the doe Take-em.
Texas Grown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-23-2019, 03:00 PM   #81
ghost
Eight Point
 
ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Fort Worth
Hunt In: In the woods
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take em View Post
Yes she still had milk on her.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Good job on the doe. I took two out there last year. They are smart ones.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-30-2019, 08:20 AM   #82
sandbill
Eight Point
 
sandbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Benbrook, TX
Hunt In: Montague County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Grown View Post
No more Rocky Creek. No more Mustang Park. No more Plover's Point (except ducking in a boat). No more behind St. France's Village (except ducking in a boat). Eventually, Richardson will be gone too, due to all the housing development. And they've squeezed down Whiskey Flats by 1/3. No more hunting on the side of the river for ducks.




Sandbill, I bet I've spoke with you while waiting in line on Fridays for permits out there. There was one year, maybe '87, that I got a permit every week that year except for two weeks. I was out there at least 5 days every week that year. J. Sawyer, M. Anderson, J. Ferrah, and I would nearly always be in line by 1:30 or so to make sure we got one . We mostly duck, dove, and chased the quail. There were great quail numbers back then! First two weeks of dove were a blast too!~
Those sure sound like the good ol' days of Benbrook hunting, Texas Grown! I somehow didn't start hunting out there until this new and unimproved modern system was put into place.

Have you swung by there lately? There's literally 2-3 brand new subdivisions encroaching upon the Richardson area, that didn't even exist this time last year! It's sure not out in the country anymore.
sandbill is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-30-2019, 08:35 AM   #83
bmac
Ten Point
 
bmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Weatherford
Hunt In: Robertson Co. & TPWD
Default

Well, hunted hard for my period and came up empty. Lots of activity but lots of small bucks that know theyíre safe. Best of luck to the rest of the folks as those deer are smart.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bmac is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-30-2019, 07:35 PM   #84
Texas Grown
Pope & Young
 
Texas Grown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Burleson, Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandbill View Post
Those sure sound like the good ol' days of Benbrook hunting, Texas Grown! I somehow didn't start hunting out there until this new and unimproved modern system was put into place.

Have you swung by there lately? There's literally 2-3 brand new subdivisions encroaching upon the Richardson area, that didn't even exist this time last year! It's sure not out in the country anymore.

Yes, I go by the lake regularly. And travel 1187 all the time. All that prairie land being destroyed by housing developments, on both sides of the lake, in the name of the all mighty $$$ . Heck, Burleson ain't anything like it was when I moved here 31 years ago. I've watched lots of deer and turkey get pushed out of existence here in Burleson, Crowley, at Benbrook, and all over the place, that a lot of people never knew existed in areas.
Texas Grown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2019, 12:07 AM   #85
topshot
Ten Point
 
topshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: West Fort Worth
Hunt In: Public land
Default

I hunted #3, came home with two bloody arrows and one spike buck. Spent two days tracking the first only to come up empty after a very light and spotty blood trail over 600 yatds long. It happens, but disappointed about not finding him. He would have surpassed my PB for the lake.
topshot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2019, 08:45 AM   #86
bmac
Ten Point
 
bmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Weatherford
Hunt In: Robertson Co. & TPWD
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshot View Post
I hunted #3, came home with two bloody arrows and one spike buck. Spent two days tracking the first only to come up empty after a very light and spotty blood trail over 600 yatds long. It happens, but disappointed about not finding him. He would have surpassed my PB for the lake.


Which unit did you hunt? We had a spike buck on camera that I was hunting that disappeared and also some other nice deer and wondering if youíre in the same area.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bmac is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2019, 11:28 PM   #87
topshot
Ten Point
 
topshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: West Fort Worth
Hunt In: Public land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac View Post
Which unit did you hunt? We had a spike buck on camera that I was hunting that disappeared and also some other nice deer and wondering if youíre in the same area.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The deer i shot was a nubbin with 1" fuzzy knobs...not a true hard antler.
topshot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2019, 01:52 PM   #88
bmac
Ten Point
 
bmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Weatherford
Hunt In: Robertson Co. & TPWD
Default

Seems about what we had seen that disappeared. Did you happen to shoot him on the southern unit?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bmac is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-11-2019, 11:22 AM   #89
piercebronkite
Spike
 
piercebronkite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Allen, TX
Hunt In: South Texas, West Texas
Default Official 2019-2020 benbrook corp thread

My 9yr old son got selected from TYHP. Hes hunted with me but never taken anything himself and heís super excited about this hunt. I hope he gets the chance to harvest something. Our hunt date is 12/6 and any advice is appreciated.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by piercebronkite; 11-11-2019 at 11:25 AM.
piercebronkite is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-17-2019, 10:54 PM   #90
topshot
Ten Point
 
topshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: West Fort Worth
Hunt In: Public land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercebronkite View Post
My 9yr old son got selected from TYHP. Hes hunted with me but never taken anything himself and heís super excited about this hunt. I hope he gets the chance to harvest something. Our hunt date is 12/6 and any advice is appreciated.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The corp should place you and your son in the hunt area. I heard last year was an overwhelming success. Id expect the same this year.
topshot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-18-2019, 01:50 PM   #91
piercebronkite
Spike
 
piercebronkite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Allen, TX
Hunt In: South Texas, West Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshot View Post
The corp should place you and your son in the hunt area. I heard last year was an overwhelming success. Id expect the same this year.


Great, thank you.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
piercebronkite is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-18-2019, 05:47 PM   #92
Ace141
Six Point
 
Ace141's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Fort Worth, Tx
Hunt In: San Angelo, Anywhere I can
Default

Got a decent set up, I think, for hunt 6. Set up yesterday, skipped the morning hunt to let my scent dissipate. Been in the stand for a couple hours now and no movement yet. Got a for on camera this morning about 10 minutes before legal light. I will keep yall posted.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Ace141 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-20-2019, 09:55 AM   #93
Whiskey Hunter
Spike
 
Whiskey Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Annetta South, TX
Default Illegal Deer Shot

I didn't get drawn this year, but am still doing some scouting. I got a picture, taken on 11/2, of a deer that obviously does not have a 13" spread with an arrow in it. Looks like someone from a tree stand, West side of the lake.
Attached Images
 
Whiskey Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-20-2019, 10:07 AM   #94
Ace141
Six Point
 
Ace141's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Fort Worth, Tx
Hunt In: San Angelo, Anywhere I can
Default

That sucks...I'm on the west side. If I see him I'm gonna have to burn my tag on him...

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Ace141 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-20-2019, 10:07 AM   #95
Ace141
Six Point
 
Ace141's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Fort Worth, Tx
Hunt In: San Angelo, Anywhere I can
Default

Unless he has healed and is thriving.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Ace141 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-20-2019, 10:32 AM   #96
Whiskey Hunter
Spike
 
Whiskey Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Annetta South, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace141 View Post
Unless he has healed and is thriving.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Yeah, it was a video that I actually got, and he looks to be walking alright. I'd be hesitant to shoot him if I were you since I think he is still illegal due to antler restrictions. But, a Game Warden might be sympathetic.
Whiskey Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-20-2019, 10:37 AM   #97
Ace141
Six Point
 
Ace141's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Fort Worth, Tx
Hunt In: San Angelo, Anywhere I can
Default

I just hate seeing wounded deer. I know it happens, I've done it too, I just hate seeing it. I have a shooter on camera but if the wounded one comes in it might be a flip of the coin. I dunno. It depends I guess

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Ace141 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-20-2019, 03:36 PM   #98
troy_w_7
Eight Point
 
troy_w_7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Lewisville, TX
Hunt In: North TX Public Land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Hunter View Post
I didn't get drawn this year, but am still doing some scouting. I got a picture, taken on 11/2, of a deer that obviously does not have a 13" spread with an arrow in it. Looks like someone from a tree stand, West side of the lake.
Wow that's crazy!
troy_w_7 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-20-2019, 09:07 PM   #99
Texas Grown
Pope & Young
 
Texas Grown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Burleson, Texas
Default

Monday afternoon, there has been a dead buck 100 yards east of 377, on 1187 on the south side of the road just past the dock builder. It wasn't there last Thursday. And I didn't work Friday or the weekend. Rack looks very similar. And most of the corps is almost gone as of today. Head is still there with the rack. I can't stop there to look closer due to the traffic. They cross the road between that last A/C business in the high fence and the cut-off before the stables all the time. I also see them cross 1187 just west of Bear Creek before you get to the old water tower on the corner. I done forgot the name of that road. But it takes you back to the Bear Creek Park. So be careful when traveling through that area. I've seen more dead deer in those two spots than on the rest of 1187 in my life time.

Last edited by Texas Grown; 11-20-2019 at 09:09 PM.
Texas Grown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-21-2019, 06:21 PM   #100
Texas Grown
Pope & Young
 
Texas Grown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Burleson, Texas
Default

There lay in front of the horse stable cut-off, on the south side of 1187, another young buck like the one above. It wasn't there yesterday. And the buzzards had just landed on it. But had not ripped it open yet when I passed by.






You fellers hunt-n out there need to quit pushing the deer off the ACE property! That makes two within a week!







(j/k)
Texas Grown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com