Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had 2 bucks chasing does. Spike and a small 8. Never stopped for the corn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks mjjust
      Might take a trip to check it out

Comment

I’ll be headed out there 12/1. I checked TB out my last days off- 11/13, 11/14 and hunted units 5 and 6.... 5 was really over grown, saw tons of signs, but no living critters.... the next morning I went across the lake to 6, and checked it out.... several nice deer at the park/ camping area... just not in the right place/ right time. When I head back down on 12/1, I want to check out some of the other shotgun areas.... I haven’t fired a bow in 2 years, and need to get another one since my back is finally healthy....

Comment

To anyone that is making the trip to TBR this weekend, good luck. The action has been very slow the last several days. The cool front may help the activity somewhat, but for the most part, has been nonexistent for me. I killed a cull 6 pt Sunday evening with my bow, but haven’t seen much other than that. I’ve been trying to kill a doe, and haven’t even seen one of those to shoot. I’m thinking the big boys have them on lockdown.

Comment

Originally posted by Jgriffith View Post
            To anyone that is making the trip to TBR this weekend, good luck. The action has been very slow the last several days. The cool front may help the activity somewhat, but for the most part, has been nonexistent for me. I killed a cull 6 pt Sunday evening with my bow, but haven’t seen much other than that. I’ve been trying to kill a doe, and haven’t even seen one of those to shoot. I’m thinking the big boys have them on lockdown.

I'm headed west tomorrow afternoon, but lookin for turkeys, not whitetail. For you guys who have seen them out there, are they up in the flats or down near the water right now?

Comment

Originally posted by drogers6771 View Post
              I'm headed west tomorrow afternoon, but lookin for turkeys, not whitetail. For you guys who have seen them out there, are they up in the flats or down near the water right now?

I saw about 20 hens yesterday, and there is water nowhere near where I hunt. Doesn’t mean they aren’t there too, but I know at least one flock is in the flats. Lol

Comment

I saw about 20 hens yesterday, and there is water nowhere near where I hunt. Doesn’t mean they aren’t there too, but I know at least one flock is in the flats. Lol

Comment

Comment

Great buck!

Comment

Originally posted by Jhardy0703 View Post
                      Great buck!

Thanks man! Not the biggest one in the woods, but I’m happy with him. With no brows, didn’t figure he needed to be breeding doe anyway. And being out of state with 5 days to hunt, I wasn’t gonna be to picky.

Comment

Thanks man! Not the biggest one in the woods, but I’m happy with him. With no brows, didn’t figure he needed to be breeding doe anyway. And being out of state with 5 days to hunt, I wasn’t gonna be to picky.

Absolutely!

Comment

Nice buck. Congrats

Comment

Good buck brotha

Comment