Arizona Late Season Archery Mule Deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arizona Late Season Archery Mule Deer

By chance, does anyone have any experiences doing the late season OTC Archer Mule Deer hunt in Arizona? I am trying to find out information to see if it is worth trying. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

This will be our first year out, although we are going after cues deer and javalina. AFGD has some pretty good info if I recall. I've talked to some of the biologists there. As I understand it, the tag is good for a cues or mule deer. Cues will be higher in elevation. Mule deer will be down in lower elevations close to private land in some of the units. We are looking primarily at units along the boarder and our javalina tags are good for units 34a and 34b so we will start at those. We're going early January which hopefully will be the start of the rut.

Comment

Following...

Comment

My kids and I rifle hunt the border units in Arizona. Mainly 34A and 36A&B. Mostly hunting Coues whitetail. We saw javelina almost every day while glassing for deer during the October youth hunt. Bring a tripod and some good Binos to locate a herd and then go after them. Mid to late morning they will be grazing on hillsides that have cactus growing. Locating them is often more difficult than the stalking.

Comment

Working...
        X