No announcement yet.

Trad: It is time to start looking...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scott, I have a varied opinion. The only bowyer I know that makes both one piece recurve and longbows, and a takedown bow I like is Bobby Lutkenhause(Predator Bows). His one piece bows will flat out amaze you in the quietness, absolute lack in hand shock, and speed. The man knows his stuff. As well his takedown bows are fine shooters that use the same riser for recurve and longbow. A big positive for me.

I also love and have a longer connection with Bob Lee bows. They're takedown bows are tremendous shooters. I have owned their one pieces and prefer Predator. You may note that Bob Lee Bows doesn't advertise one piece bows on their website anymore. They prefer takedowns. Their top shooters are the "Ultimate" and the "Presentation 3". I have had both and still own a Presentation 3. The P3 has a long riser and allowed them to do longer lengths with the performance of a shorter bow. I have 66" recurve and 66" longbow limbs. But if you like 62" or shorter the other risers are a better option.

Both bowyers build a fantastic bow. There are a lot of options out there.
    B

Comment

I have committed and sent the $$, got a Bob Lee Signature series, 3piece Recurve. Cant wait for it to get here!

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
        I have committed and sent the $$, got a Bob Lee Signature series, 3piece Recurve. Cant wait for it to get here!
        Congrats- you will love it!

Comment

Its a wonderful thing brother congrats

Comment

Robertson Stykbow, if I had the money I'd buy a Wolfer.

I've had a longbow and currently have a Vision Falcon recurve.

Stunning hand-crafted longbow and recurves by master bowyer Dick Robertson. Created using unique exotic woods for over 40 years, Robertson Stykbow is the premier choice for traditional archery bows and archery equipment. We also offer fine jewelry and designs by Vikki Robertson of Venus Leaf.

Comment

Wow, that was fast! Congrats! Did you buy new or used?

Comment

I bought a used one off of Tradgang. Still cant explain to the wife why a stick and string costs more $$ than my compound or her xbow, lol! I'm excited. I shot Jerp's at Cowtown and it felt really good.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	BobLeeBow1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	24367526

Name:	BobLeeBow2.jpg
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	24367527

Name:	BobLeeBow3.jpg
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	24367528

Comment

Awesome, you can't go wrong with that choice. Now comes the dreaded wait. lol

Comment

Nice. That's one of the shorties. It may be a little hard to get used to at first but you should be able to shoot out of a ground blind a lot easier.

Comment

I just got a Martin Freedom and really am liking it, it's priced just right.
                      Check with Oneway.

Comment

Working...
                      X