F250 Upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kenner27 View Post
    Train horn, that’s funny. Someone hooks up to a trailer and automatically feels like they’ve turned into a locomotive.

Michelin’s have held up nicely for me, not much of a better tire out there in my opinion.
    I LOL'd at this.

I'm not sure why towing a travel trailer necessitates a Train Horn, that's a new one on me. I'd recommend a portable 12v compressor for filling tires and what not, weight-distributing hitch, helper springs, air bags, replacement bumpers, etc....

Comment

I apologize, I thought this was sarcasm didn’t mean to offend you. Curious, what more do you hook up to other than trailers?

Originally posted by Striker918 View Post
      I've hooked up to more than just trailers. If I can afford it then whats the damage?

Comment

Originally posted by kenner27 View Post
        I apologize, I thought this was sarcasm didn’t mean to offend you. Curious, what more do you hook up to other than trailers?
        I have a construction company. Is there a specific answer or piece of equipment or certification you are looking for?

Comment

Looking to do a few upgrades to my 2019 truck. I have a travel trailer I pull so I was looking at a train horn with an air compressor. Any recommendations and can the air compressor support travel trailer tires? I think the michelins that were factory are half way thru their tread so looking for recommendations there. Also any experience with the American Roll Cover. Looking for a bed cover with a tool box. I appreciate the input in advance.
          Haha- train horn is a must for pulling a travel trailer!

Comment

Train horn?!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
                You can keep your factory rim and go w nitto 35 11.5 20 without upgrading or switching rims. If you did a lift.
                On a 2019 he can go 35x12.50 without a lift and still not rub on factory rims. He can go 37x12.50 with a level, and depending on offset he may not rub. I run 37x12.50 on stock rims and stock height with very minimal running at fulk right lock only on my 17.

Comment

I did Icon leveling springs with fox shocks that have remote mount resi's. Also 35x12.50 nitto ridge grappers and amp research power steps.

Comment

If you want a train horn on your ride, then get you a train horn bud. Don’t listen to the haters. Put practicality and logic in your rearview mirror and press on!! Toot-Toot!!!

Comment

I've hooked up to more than just trailers. If I can afford it then whats the damage?

other than using it being illegal

"Texas Transportation Code § 547.501. Audible Warning Devices - (a) A motor vehicle shall be equipped with a horn in good working condition that emits a sound audible under normal conditions at a distance of at least 200 feet. (b) A vehicle may not be equipped with and a person may not use on a vehicle a siren, whistle, or bell unless the vehicle is: (1) a commercial vehicle that is equipped with a theft alarm signal device arranged so that the device cannot be used as an ordinary warning signal;  or (2) an authorized emergency vehicle that is equipped with a siren, whistle, or bell that complies with Section 547.702 . (c) A motor vehicle operator shall use a horn to provide audible warning only when necessary to insure safe operation. (d) A warning device, including a horn, may not emit an unreasonably loud or harsh sound or a whistle."
                      Last edited by Javelin; 02-05-2020, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
                        If you want a train horn on your ride, then get you a train horn bud. Don’t listen to the haters. Put practicality and logic in your rearview mirror and press on!! Toot-Toot!!!
                        I appreciate that man. Its reality. Do what makes you happy. The more I've made I feel like the more people hate.

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                          other than using it being illegal

"Texas Transportation Code § 547.501. Audible Warning Devices - (a) A motor vehicle shall be equipped with a horn in good working condition that emits a sound audible under normal conditions at a distance of at least 200 feet. (b) A vehicle may not be equipped with and a person may not use on a vehicle a siren, whistle, or bell unless the vehicle is: (1) a commercial vehicle that is equipped with a theft alarm signal device arranged so that the device cannot be used as an ordinary warning signal;  or (2) an authorized emergency vehicle that is equipped with a siren, whistle, or bell that complies with Section 547.702 . (c) A motor vehicle operator shall use a horn to provide audible warning only when necessary to insure safe operation. (d) A warning device, including a horn, may not emit an unreasonably loud or harsh sound or a whistle."
                          Feel like I'm being mean mugged by Pelosi...

Comment

12" exhaust tip, Nutz, white framed sunglasses.

Comment

For the record tried it today at the San Antonio rodeo when someone was being a jerk. All ill say is be prepared. Either people get startled or they act aggressively. Use train horn at your own discretion!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
                                12" exhaust tip, nutz, white framed sunglasses.
                                😂😂😂

Comment

Working...
                                X