$20 Draw board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$20 Draw board

I already did the $15 bow vise, I've got a press, just about everything except a draw board. $20 boat winch and a piece of 1" pipe wrapped in electrical tape for protection.

The arrow I stuck in there in case something snapped is now bent. I accidentally let it hit my reloading press when I was letting the bow back down and it's got a little warp to it. Money down the drain At least I know my cams are straight!

very cool!

Comment

I'm not a tune it yourself kinda guy..... so, whats the point of this contraption. Besides being pretty cool.

Comment

It lets me check setup at full draw. Because the grip just rests on the pipe, it is free to move around while drawing, so it guarantees no torque. Main reason I did it was for cam lean and arrow length.

Comment

can also adjust new dropaways at full draw....i like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I like! I have a couple of extra boat winches in the garage, might as well put one to use.

Comment

Makes me nervous just looking at it. A lot of stored energy if something goes wrong. I'd recommend some kind of safety feature the keep the bow from having any chance of coming off the pipe and smashing you in the face. It also seems it would be very easy to over draw the bow with the power of the winch. Maybe at the very least add some length markings to the bench. Look more legit to attach a metal rule.

Comment

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
                Makes me nervous just looking at it. A lot of stored energy if something goes wrong. I'd recommend some kind of safety feature the keep the bow from having any chance of coming off the pipe and smashing you in the face. It also seems it would be very easy to over draw the bow with the power of the winch. Maybe at the very least add some length markings to the bench. Look more legit to attach a metal rule.
                it shouldn't, very very common around the country. go over to archery talk and you will literally see 100's of set-ups like the one above. they are eefective tools to really maximize your equipment.

great job man, nice simple and effective!

Comment

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
                  me too i picture wife opening garage door cat running across table releasing arrow then trying to explain to the fuzz it was my new bow tuning device.

Comment

This thing is totally safe guys. I connect a threaded chain link from the winch to the d loop. Then I back it up with 550 cord just in case the d loop were to slip. When the link is screwed closed, there is no way for the bow to release.

As far as the pipe, there is a threaded cap. The lip would prevent the bow from slipping off, but I've never had a bow slip at all.

Over drawing? Know what you're doing and looking for. I go slow, and when I near full draw, I go one click at a time until I watch the draw stop hit. Never have I ever accidentally over drawn a bow.

Comment

when arrow falls off the rest stop cranking...

Comment

What keeps the bow from pulling over or under the pipe, if and when it got off center balance?

Comment

Originally posted by Olphart View Post
                          What keeps the bow from pulling over or under the pipe, if and when it got off center balance?
                          Pressure and using a d loop so it always pulls straight back. Also the shape of the grip

Comment

Working...
                          X